Sign in to follow this  
SpareParts

Help w/ Converting Files to Share?

I am so glad to have found this forum. Everyone has been so helpful and nice.

I have found this "Graphics Requests" section to be a valuable resource, and I would like to be able to share files I have when someone needs them. I do not want to be one of those members who is always asking for something and never contributing. The problem I have is that most of my files are in .cst format (Roalnd Cut Studio). Does anyone know if these can be convereted to .eps files?

Try save as u should be able to choose a format or 

export outa the program.

mark-s

I have Flexistarter and it is the same way.  No way to convert.  will only save as fs  .  but I can export as different formats, like.eps

I don't use the Cutting Master, but I just brought it up to check it.  It does not even have "FILE" in the upper left corner. So no options there.  It just has a place in the lower corner to check to save file. That's it.  This is supposed to be like Cut Studio for Roland.  Only Cutting Master for Graphtec.

I just tried if with a   Flexi ( fs) file and I just keep getting  a box come up  "unknown file format."  But it would be good for other stuff

I also use flexi, if I export it and save as a pdf, when I use other programs to open such as ai, corel, etc. it does open as a vectored file.  Hope this helps!

problem is, the OP does not have other programs..  and want to convert their cut studio/Signmate files to .eps

I have been out of town, but I was checking today for an export option in Cut Studio and there does not seem to be one. Am I just stuck then?  :thumbsup:

I have been using CutStudio for years and had the same problems.  What I do if I need to simply convert one of my .cst files is have the design open in cutstudio ; click/highlight the actual artwork I want to convert and copy it to the clipboard (CTRL-C); then open Signblazer (which is free) and then PASTE (CTRL-V) it into an open session of Signblazer.  Then resize it in Signblazer, and hit CTRL-E (or go to FILE and EXPORT) in Signblazer and it will take you to the Export Screen ; at the bottom left corner of the screen, change the file type to .EPS, give it a file name, select the location folder to save it to and click OK.  Sounds like alot but it only takes a few seconds and it works great for me!  :thumbsup:

Wow Tracy! Thank you so much!! Such a simple fix. :thumbsup:  I have been meaning to get Signblazer for a while now so I will definetely do that now! It is also nice to hear that I'm not the only one using CutStudio.  :thumbsup:

Also, thank you everyone else too!

Glad to help!  This is how I have been converting and sharing files for a while.  I like Cutstudio and will continue to use it since it was the first program I learned on and I am really used to it.  One other note, you can recheck that the exported .EPS file from Signblazer is what you want and the proper size by simple importing it back into Cutstudio.