Sign in to follow this  
wayne1234

Graphtec CE-5000-60 on the way, who uses sign balzer? or what do you use?

Well I started out looking at a $300 cutter, now the Graphtec is on its way. Thanks for all the help. Now to software I watched the many inkscape videos but can I cut from inkscape? do you use signblazer? I am doing our vehicle lettering, so nothing intricate or difficult... Thanks Any driver or installation tips for me I can look into? plan on using my desk top it has windows XP Media Edition on it

There are people using the graphtec with signbalzer but I do not know the settings.  you can also cut directly from corel draw with the new graphtecs and a graphtec plug in

there WAS a post on here with a link to how to cut from Inkscape...but it was removed. PM me if you want the link.

Wayne -

Your graphtec is going to come with it's own proprietary software made by Graphtec called Cutting Master 2. You can move any work you have done from Inkscape to Cutting Master 2 in order to cut it. This is probably the most direct and easy way to cut from Inkscape. You would have to save your work inside Inkscape as an .eps (Encapsulated Post Script) and then open that file inside Cutting Master 2.

I would recommend bypassing SignBlazer and using this method to cut.

I didnt like using cutting master myself found it was easier to just stick with SB as I got it to work fine and I didnt have to learn anything knew.  Do a search there should be a couple posts on how I did it., if not let me know and I will re post it good luck

You can cut directly from inkscape I have a plug in to do that with let me see if I can find it I will post it here for you

It hasn't been tested on a lot of cutters may or may not work on a graphtec

I use the Cutting Master 2 plug-in and output straight from Adobe Illustrator. It's a beautiful thing...so simple.

Thanks, I'm still a little confused. I'm starting off fresh, I have no software. I dont own Adobe. I just watched the videos on inkscape.  The Cut Master 2 is a plug in for adobe it says.  I just wanted to download some software and play with it while the cutter is on its way in shipping.  I would really rather not spend $200 on the adobe right now.  What do you guys think

Ok, but can I cut from signblazer? 

I found this on the tshirt forum, anyone know if inkscape is compatible with cutmaster2, it only mentions adobe from what I see?

" Signblazer is a little quirky, You also have the option of a free download for Cutting Master 2 from Graphtec's site. It's a cut program plug in. It can be used with Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, and Inkscape (shareware) Cutting Master 2 can be downloaded here Graphtec America: Cutting Plotters, Vinyl Cutters, InkJet Printers, Wide Format Image Scanners, Data Loggers, Acquisition platforms, Electronic Testing Instruments, Craft Robo and Inkscape here Inkscape. Draw Freely."   

Thanks 

of course,   Alot of people on here are using Signblazer with their Graphtecs.  My model is listed on, it put I don't use it.  I had Flexi before.    user mr300s    ,  that is what he uses and he has the CE5000-60 model.  

That Mod TomL  said you can use inkscape,  So let him explain  how.   I couldn't do it.  

Wayne -

Your graphtec is going to come with it's own proprietary software made by Graphtec called Cutting Master 2. You can move any work you have done from Inkscape to Cutting Master 2 in order to cut it. This is probably the most direct and easy way to cut from Inkscape. You would have to save your work inside Inkscape as an .eps (Encapsulated Post Script) and then open that file inside Cutting Master 2.

I would recommend bypassing SignBlazer and using this method to cut.

I have an older FC Graphtec I use SB with, I think I used the Copam 4500?? driver for it, as my machine wasn't on the US Cutter list of supported cutters with the US Cutter Download. Works 100 percent and you won't regret the graphtec.  I did purchase some new software the other day mainly because SB is going to eventually be obsolete if someone doesn't take it over, and I now have some learning to do.. Vinyl Master Pro...we will see if it was worth $160...

Just bumping this up again.

I have been using Robo Master Pro as it was given with the Graphtec 5000 I bought. It works but is very limited especially when trying to layer the lettering for impact. For basic one layer letters and simple images it has been OK. I also have had issues with cutting anything over 3 feet long. The software does not like big projects.

With that said I still use Robo Master but have been looking for demos or classes/events displaying new software. Sitting in the competitors shop watching his style does not go well for some reason. At least I have not been shot or arrested yet. What software products do others use or are we limited to the few already listed. I have found some as much as $4000 but would not think of spending that much with out some serious demo time.