tinaski

TomL how well do you know the graphtec

hey Tom I am needed some help with some HPGL - GPGL code and was wondering how much you know about the graphtec can you help me?

Hello -

Well I do not know much about the actual coding language I can try and help you whichever way possible. What exactly did you need assistance with?

HPGL = Hewlett Packard Graphic Language

GPGL = Graphtec Plotter Graphic Language

They are both languages used to translate commands to the cutter from the computer.

You would want to use HPGL when using a software not made by graphtec. Example : SignCut Pro, Flexi,,,etc. You would want to use GPGL with only software that is OEM by Graphtec. This would include Cutting Master, Robo Master...etc

Let me know if there is something specific I can help you out with.

sorry for a long wait to reply i have been very buisy

ok here is the deal-

i use LINUX to cut vinyl in - the prgram is a cutting program that can be used to cut from any software that can make a PDF or PS file - i dont use flexi - wincut - or anything else you have heard of, or used

a guy i know built it for his engraver and then tweeked it for vinyl cutters - it doesnt work on low end cutters at this time - MH PCUT anythign that uses the serial to usb converter

but to my question

right now i have it set up for HPGL - can use adobe or corel in linux using a program called wine - but the addon doesnt work in wine.

the program im using right now i cant get it to do any kind of print cut - is there a code at the begining of the string that turns the eye on and starts the scan

i would like to be able to get that added to the software program if i can figure out what the HPGL code is for a print cut

i dont have a windows computer right now that i can try to pull any of that code out with

Hello -

I don't have an answer for you, my suggestion would be to find a windows pc, run graphtec's software and capture the data stream to analyze it

on a side note: are you using Tuxplot?

I thought you might be using tuxplot....

and just for an fyi - we have set tuxplot up to cut with every single one of our plotters, including our serial to usb cutters, the P-Cut, the MH series, all of them will cut and plot through tuxplot.

One of our senior technicians Howard - a fellow LINUX nut like yourself- actually uses tuxplot and an MH-721 for all of his home cutting.

Really please have him email me so I can talk to him about it.

I couldn't get mh to work in tux plot I would like to know how he did it and how he installed the driver for that.

Too bad I don't have the mh anymore to really check it out but my brother "beardown" does mabey he can bring his over so we can check it out

comon cant ya reply back and tell me you dont know anything?

Asking for our assistance is no problem at all. However, doing so in an invasive and demeaning way is not going to get you anywhere. We may not all be LINUX nuts like yourself - but please don't troll the forums, or call out people's intelligence levels before they have even answered the question.

Howard is on vacation this week and I will forward him this thread so he can take a look and possibly give you some advice.

comon cant ya reply back and tell me you dont know anything?

Asking for our assistance is no problem at all. However, doing so in an invasive and demeaning way is not going to get you anywhere. We may not all be LINUX nuts like yourself - but please don't troll the forums, or call out people's intelligence levels before they have even answered the question.

Howard is on vacation this week and I will forward him this thread so he can take a look and possibly give you some advice.

Wow didn't expect that, you replied back 2xs since i put that on the forums. 8 days isnt enough time to to reply to a question ? i did give you a chance. i didn't mean to offend you but i have seen USCUTTERS support and i thought you were going to be different., but after that little reply your not any different at all.

so why does every one use linux have to be "nuts"?

how do i troll the forum - i help out a lot of people on this site

I don't consider you a troll, or a 'nut'. You have been very helpful to a lot of people,especially Linux users (I'm sure there must be some on here).

I am sure Howard will be able to help you when he gets back,and if I know Linux users..happy to do so.

Not eveyone likes Windows or Mac...

Tinaski, you are in good company I have been accused of being a troll also ;) ;).  I have been very impressed with all the help you have given people on here and you are a major contributor!

Tinaski, you are in good company I have been accused of being a troll also ;) ;).  I have been very impressed with all the help you have given people on here and you are a major contributor!

ah..but you ARE a troll...but one with good intentions. ;D

Tinaski, you are in good company I have been accused of being a troll also ;);D.  I have been very impressed with all the help you have given people on here and you are a major contributor!

ah..but you ARE a troll...but one with good intentions. ;D

sometimes they just don't work out as planed ;)

well to be honest both you and BannerJohn are held in the highest respect here and that does make me feel better.

i dont just leach off of everyone elses success to try to make it. i try to give back to the new comers but after the past posts it really makes it hard to help out.

if uscutter wants this forum to die there on the right track thinking that they can treat anyone like this. i am not expecting special treatment because i have been here a while nor am i expecting anything special because i do help out - i just dont feel its right to be called out like that nor should anyone whether you have been here 2 days or 2 years .

Guest AndrewJ

I think your points would be better received if you changed your avatar...

I think your points would be better received if you changed your avatar...

i just did change it today because of all this

I ate to use a cliche here...but you catch more flies with honey than Vinegar...and Howard would have been a good source. The Avatar isn't exactly honey.

WOW Beardown is your brother? Where the hell has he been?  Tell him to get over to vinylforum.org.

I ate to use a cliche here...but you catch more flies with honey than Vinegar...and Howard would have been a good source. The Avatar isn't exactly honey.

This. We obviously do not appreciate insults which is all I am seeing from you in this thread Tinaski. We expect civil discourse regardless of how much you have helped on this BB.