Sign in to follow this  
cbsuperduty

Polo Shirt question

Got an order for T-Shirts but the guy has a lady that would like a polo instead of T-Shirt. She purchased her own and shipped it to me before I could say anything and just told me to give it a try. Anyway, How do you guys press a design on the back with the buttons and seams on the top front. I am worried that I will get uneven pressure. I know that there are those teflon pillows but I need to press this shirt tonight. I was thinking about folding a towel up and putting that inside the shirt to cushion it some.

Also some of these shirts are poly-cotton mix. I have been told that they will work fine. Do you guys change anything (pressure or dwell time) for blended shirts?

Thank you!

Guest sciondrgn

Large mouse pad if you have one that will work with the design.. You can also place the polo shirt over your press platten instead of just laying the entire shirt on top that way the buttons will hang underneath

Thx Claw.. Might try the mousepad trick if I can get enough of them that are the same thickness. I thought about your other idea but the shirt is a women's cut and is a small. I don't think that I could get it over the platen without stretching it all to hello.

Guest sciondrgn

Thx Claw.. Might try the mousepad trick if I can get enough of them that are the same thickness. I thought about your other idea but the shirt is a women's cut and is a small. I don't think that I could get it over the platen without stretching it all to hello.

Yeah i've run into that.. I ended up buying the little press pad set that has different sizes in it so it works well for sleeves or pants legs and such.. I think I still have the link at home but they are basically different size mouse pads, If you can find you a couple large ones you can cut them down to size  :thumbsup:

yeah, I bought a few of those teflon pillows and they work great. I would look into those if I were you.  I was using the mouse pads for awhile and now I pretty much only use the pillows. 

oh and you could look into the print perfect pads. Some say these are better because they keep the press area pressure more consistant.  I personaly have not had any troubles so far with the pillows, but I have only pressed vinyl with them.

You can also make a little Jig or card board cut-out with a small groove or channel for the buttons to sit in while heat pressing.