Sign in to follow this  
Surge Digital Design

Pricing with sign update

there is a business in town that wants the lower section of their sign updated.  They want us to remove decals covering a 7.5 inch by 7.5 ft area (long and narrow), and replace it with "Friendly Professional Service" taking up the same area.

What would your prices be for materials, removal of old decals, cleaning of the sign and application of new decals?

Thanks!

there is a business in town that wants the lower section of their sign updated.  They want us to remove decals covering a 7.5 inch by 7.5 ft area (long and narrow), and replace it with "Friendly Professional Service" taking up the same area.

What would your prices be for materials, removal of old decals, cleaning of the sign and application of new decals?

Thanks!

Really, you tell us. Your the company they asked lol

Without a photo of what we have to work with, the substrate being used etc it's hard to tell.

The condition of the sign and substrate and how hard it is to take off the old vinyl will determine how much you have to charge for that part of the job - it is often more than the cost of cutting  and applying the new vinyl.   If the removal is dead simple - just peel off and clean the substrate I would charge the same to take it off as I am charging for the new installed vinyl.  If it's harder I would charge for my actual time.  On something like this - if I can match the substrate I recommend replacing the substrate if it is faster (cheaper) to do it that way.  

If this is 2 sides I would be around $105.00 to remove and $105.00 to install (both sides based on it being easy removal job and figuring on a 7.5" letter height)

-Mike

Red 651 will fade in a few months just FYI. Step up to 751 if you want something that will last longer.

I'd be $150 installed for the vinyl alone, another hourly charge to remove the old ( it's never as easy as you THINK ) and that would be another $60/hr charge

Red 651 will fade in a few months just FYI. Step up to 751 if you want something that will last longer.

Just curious, why would Oracal 651 fade in just a few months?  Oracals color guide states that Oracal 651 colored vinyl has an outdoor life of 6 years guaranteed.

Not only will it fade but after a while it will start to crack, and peel. No more that what the cost is you would be better off using 751. About the only time I use 651 is for short term use, yards signs, etc.

I have to disagree here, I've used 6 year vinyl on truck lettering for 5 years and it looks just as good as the day I've done it when i see jobs locally.

The only ones i've ever had issues with were silvers but that's why i use cast silvers and other metallics now.

Now red is a more prone color to fade, this goes with vehicle paint too. Should be fine for a few years IMO, Oracal and others would make notes about a specific color if it wasn't rated for X years

ive had 651 red on the hood of my truck for 2 years this august, looks ass good as new.

Oracal 651 is great product for a lots of stuff not just "short term" signage.

Using it o daily basic without problems.

You will have problems with vinyl peeling if surface was not cleaned properly, or if shelf life has been expired.

Oracal 751 is better and I always give customer option to go with it but..... nowdays  most of them settle for cheaper option.

Good luck.

Hey its up to you, just passing on issues I have seen to help you from having an upset customer down the road. Your choice if you want to save a few bucks and roll the dice...