Sign in to follow this  
harmfulgraphics

My large sign

Here is yesterdays job.  My largest sign to date.  The sign is 7 foot tall and 14 foot wide.  Used the BS to put the vinyl on the panels.  Printed vinyl on alumilite and then frog juiced the entire thing.  Sign is double sided too.

Sorry for the bad picture, took it with my phone.

Harm

post-5428-1298655440557_thumb.jpg

post-5428-1298655442333_thumb.jpg

Guest Schramm

That thing is huge, very nice job! 

That IS huge! By "printed" do you mean you ran the vinyl through a printer to get the color on the vinyl? If so why? It looks like they are solid colors. Also, I might be getting a job soon that requires a sign material like that. Where did you get it if you dont mind me asking. Very Good job by the way. Looks like it came out super straight and centered  :)

Can't say I am a fan of the font used. Looks like a fun project though.

Since it was only 2 color why print it?  Just curious as I would think the printed version would cost more and not have color all the way thru like regular vinyl that wouldn't require the FJ also

That IS huge! By "printed" do you mean you ran the vinyl through a printer to get the color on the vinyl? If so why? It looks like they are solid colors. Also, I might be getting a job soon that requires a sign material like that. Where did you get it if you dont mind me asking. Very Good job by the way. Looks like it came out super straight and centered  :)

Yes the entire thing was printed using my sp540 versacamm.  The sign is actually four color.  The background color is a cream off white color, the "joeys" is a second color and it has a one inch outline that is the third color.  The word "wallpaper" is a fourth color.  The 4X8 sheets were ordered from Glantz.  They are super to order things and shipping to me is every Thursday for $3.50 total.

Nice! What's a job like this go for  :)

I did the entire sign for $1800.  I know the owner, he paid to rent the lift and helped with the install.

The lift was a must.  ;)

Originally I went and measured everything just using a ladder and I didn't like that in the least.  Working on the lift was easy, it's the first time I've ever used one.  There would have been no way to put the sign together just using the ladders.