Sign in to follow this  
thebuttontaylor

What else do I need to get started?

Here's my shopping list so far!

RTape Clear Choice AT60 - General Purpose Clear High-tack Application Tape 100yd

Select Roll Size [Note new price above] : 12" - $27.88 $31.12 $31.12

ORACAL 651 Intermediate Cal Vinyl 24" x 10 Yard Roll

Colors: 031 - Red - $3.00 $23.99 $23.99

Colors: 070 - Black $20.99 $20.99

Colors: 010 - White $20.99 $20.99

USCutter MH-series Vinyl Cutter

View/Hide options

$329.99 $329.99

Bill

Is this the tape I need?

RTape ApliTape 4075 - High-tack General Purpose Application Tape 100yd

I have the X-acto knife and I am ordering the roll of vinyl you linked to.

Thanks for the help!

Bill

I agree with Dakota that the paper tape is much better and easier to work with.  Yes, the R-Tape Aplitape 4075 is what I use and love it! I also recommend a weeding pick and a cutting mat if you don't already have them.

Have fun!  Warning though, It is addicting!!!  :)

I agree with Dakota that the paper tape is much better and easier to work with.  Yes, the R-Tape Aplitape 4075 is what I use and love it! I also recommend a weeding pick and a cutting mat if you don't already have them.

Have fun!  Warning though, It is addicting!!!  :)

I'll have to look into that. Thanks!!

Clear tape is all I will use. I don't get why people are so against it. When you want to do multi color its much easier to see. I also find it to be stronger and less prone to tearing on me. Yeah, its a little more, but so what.

Also you will want more then just a 12" roll. I would get a 6" as well for when you do smaller things. I have 1" all the way to 24" on hand in pretty much 2-3" increments. You will find its less wastefull to have multiple sizes on hand as well as being easier to work with. Just add to your collection as you see the need.

Clear tape is all I will use. I don't get why people are so against it. When you want to do multi color its much easier to see. I also find it to be stronger and less prone to tearing on me. Yeah, its a little more, but so what.

Also you will want more then just a 12" roll. I would get a 6" as well for when you do smaller things. I have 1" all the way to 24" on hand in pretty much 2-3" increments. You will find its less wastefull to have multiple sizes on hand as well as being easier to work with. Just add to your collection as you see the need.

it is ok to use for small decals,  but would be a real pain for large decals and to try and roll that is crazy.  tunnels galore,  paper works great for long 4-12ft decals and rolls really nice. 

it is ok to use for small decals,  but would be a real pain for large decals and to try and roll that is crazy.  tunnels galore,  paper works great for long 4-12ft decals and rolls really nice. 

Agreed. I use paper for anything larger than 12"x12". Besides, paper works a lot better for wet application.

Here's my shopping list so far!

RTape Clear Choice AT60 - General Purpose Clear High-tack Application Tape 100yd

Select Roll Size [Note new price above] : 12" - $27.88 $31.12 $31.12

Colors: 031 - Red - $3.00 $23.99 $23.99

Colors: 070 - Black $20.99 $20.99

Colors: 010 - White $20.99 $20.99

USCutter MH-series Vinyl Cutter

View/Hide options

$329.99 $329.99

Bill

Patience and lots of time to practice. also a program like Illustrator, Corel Draw, or Inkscape(free).

This is the mat I have and it is great!  http://www.signwarehouse.com/TT-CUT-p-ENDURAMAT2436.html

They also have this tool kit that I recommend.  http://www.signwarehouse.com/TT-CUTT-p-HT-TK1000.html

I'll have to wait to next payday for those! :)

That is one cool tool! :)

Patience and lots of time to practice. also a program like Illustrator, Corel Draw, or Inkscape(free).

CorelDraw and Inkscape are my friends. I do graphics for pin-back buttons with both of them regularly.

Thanks to everybody with all the great suggestions :)

The cutter and supplies are in transit and due on Monday. Thanks again to everybody for the help.

Bill