soundmasterx

Best Driver for Zencut Green

Hello all,

I just received my green machine 24" seems to work pretty well... Damn it was hard getting this thing configured so it would operate... anyway I have it working and no I have not even tried to do a contour cut ;D. I do have a couple questions though;

I am currently using the Jaguar III-61 driver with Flexi is the Jaguar JII-61 newer than the Jaguar III-61?

Would the machine perform better with the JII-61 drivers or should I stick with the Jaquar III-61 drivers?

Does anyone know how to get this plotter to send the dimensions of the media to Flexi? ITS NOT WORKING  ;D

The funny thing about all this is I called USCutter prior to purchasing this plotter giving them all of the technical specs of my computer including the software I use (Flexisign Pro 8.1 soon to be 8.6 when I get the $) and of course they said yes, that plotter will work perfectly with flexisign pro 8.1. HA what a joke... Big surprise! guess what it does not work "correctly" Then when I was talking to a manager because it took them 4 days to ship it out when they said it would be shipped the following day he had the nerve to ask me for my serial number in order to confirm it was a legit copy of Flexi (he assumed that because I was using 8.1 and not the newest version it was not legit) well guess what you cant use flexi with out the dongle I have tried... why does the license matter when the product you sold me does not work as it should? Wow, I really just wanted to ask a couple questions. Sorry about the rant I will stop now  ;D Thank you.   Just for the record I have a ce5000 and like it much better!

If anybody asked me the serial number of any of my software, I would tell them where to go real quick. It is none of their business,period.

I was pretty offended... Lets just say my blood started to boil real quick. The more I think about it the more it angers me. Now I cant even get the plotter to work  ;D I am really starting to dislike USCutter.

There are successful Zencut users here on the board. Post your problems and maybe they can help.

Hello all,

I just received my green machine 24" seems to work pretty well... Damn it was hard getting this thing configured so it would operate... anyway I have it working and no I have not even tried to do a contour cut ;D. I do have a couple questions though;

I am currently using the Jaguar III-61 driver with Flexi is the Jaguar JII-61 newer than the Jaguar III-61?

Would the machine perform better with the JII-61 drivers or should I stick with the Jaquar III-61 drivers?

Does anyone know how to get this plotter to send the dimensions of the media to Flexi? ITS NOT WORKING  ;D

The funny thing about all this is I called USCutter prior to purchasing this plotter giving them all of the technical specs of my computer including the software I use (Flexisign Pro 8.1 soon to be 8.6 when I get the $) and of course they said yes, that plotter will work perfectly with flexisign pro 8.1. HA what a joke... Big surprise! guess what it does not work "correctly" Then when I was talking to a manager because it took them 4 days to ship it out when they said it would be shipped the following day he had the nerve to ask me for my serial number in order to confirm it was a legit copy of Flexi (he assumed that because I was using 8.1 and not the newest version it was not legit) well guess what you cant use flexi with out the dongle I have tried... why does the license matter when the product you sold me does not work as it should? Wow, I really just wanted to ask a couple questions. Sorry about the rant I will stop now  ;D Thank you.   Just for the record I have a ce5000 and like it much better!

Aha - I suspected this . . . and as for the serial number on my software oh Hell no - tell em KMA

Here is my problems:

I have tried multiple drivers with Flexisign 8.1 (puma III-60, Jag JII-61, Jag III-61) but the same thing happens each time... It will cut fine if I am doing a small project but anything over 10"x10" it stops halfway through. I'm not sure what the problem is but it appears there is a communication issue. Any ideas? This is extremely frustrating... "Yes sir it will work perfectly" and now I am looking at missing my second event... I would have been better off spending the extra $500 and getting another Graphtec. I lost over $500 from the first event now I'm missing another... another $500+ down the drain. This is BS USCutter!

I saw where some one else was using Puma11 with the Zen Green.. 

You could also try going to the Default Job properties in Flexi and change packet size to 1000 kb 

I run on that all the time, and that has fixed alot of problems with people running long cuts.

I saw where some one else was using Puma11 with the Zen Green.. 

You could also try going to the Default Job properties in Flexi and change packet size to 1000 kb 

I run on that all the time, and that has fixed alot of problems with people running long cuts.

I will try the Puma II with the packet change I hope this works... I "participated" in a local event today as a vendor and to my surprise the plotter stopped working. I was unable to complete over $400 worth of orders and had to pack up and leave! I don't know what USCutter techs do to get it working but I have to admit each time they have me fooled. Other than the fact that the techs at UScutter do large "test cuts" on my vinyl and tell me everything is going to work and it doesn't It is just frustrating that they probably wont accept a return on this machine. The sad part is I would be more than willing to accept a credit and purchase a more expensive plotter if they were to return it. I cant get over the fact they said it will work perfectly and now im out over $2,000 (including the plotter). USCutter any advice?? are you willing to help?? Im sick of the temporary fix I want a permanent one! I paid for it.   

you'll have to contact usc directly they stop by this user forum once a month if we are lucky.

Now what was said about the Zen's being BETTER than a graphtec when they were introduced??

We ran into a problem with the ZenCut Green last week while assisting another customer. Howard was able to help  resolve this issue so I thought I would pass the info down to you guys. Apparently if the ZenCut Green is used with the Puma drivers you will have misalignment of layers which looks similar to a tracking problem.

The solution to this is simply to use the Jaguar JAIII-61 driver.

Regarding the issues you're having with your cutter you said, "I don't know what USCutter techs do to get it working but I have to admit each time they have me fooled."

From a troubleshooting stand-point; if we're able to remote into your system and get your cutter working every time, it leads me to believe your issues are likely operator error, but without knowing exactly what those issues are I couldn't say for certain. When the cutter stopped working at your last event, what specifically happened? If you continue to have problems with this machine we would absolutely issue you an RMA for it and replace it with another fully tested and functional ZenCut Green; and depending on what you wanted to upgrade to, I would be willing to allow an exchange for upgrade. But the ZenGreen is a great machine, and it really shouldn't come to that.

As for Flexi: The cutter can and does work correctly with the Flexi Software. There might be compatibility issues or work-arounds with the drivers based on the version you're using. I'm personally not a big fan of Flexi myself. For my money Inkscape and SignCut Pro are were it's at.

Thanks Ninja - 3 weeks later an answer!  That is why you use the support ticket system and not a user forum!

Amen!

And technically, we don't have to offer support on Flexi 8.1 due to the fact that over 90% of that software version currently in use is the Cracked, illegal version- which doesn't require a dongle. As a Flexi retailer, we would be remiss not to ask for the registration code if you call in using that version so we can verify that it was a legitimately purchased copy. I personally don't care one way or the other; but if you're having issues with your pirated copy of Flexi, sympathy will not be found here. Support yes, if possible. Sympathy, no.