Sign in to follow this  
hawkeyeent

Oracal 651 Wrap for customer

I have a customer wanting me to wrap 2 panels on his motorcycle and also place a graphic on there. I told him premium vinyl would be the way to go and priced it for him. He felt it was more than he wanted to spend so he wanted to know if I could do it with Oracal 651 (priced about $1.80 less per foot here). I told him I would get back with him in a few days with a price and options... so my question is, would a heat gun be sufficient to conform Oracal 651 around the side panels? Here is a pic similar to what the bike looks like image.php?image=pr3154_3.jpg

I don't think I'd try it.....He's making your job harder for you and not giving you anything extra for it. Use the right stuff.

Guest sciondrgn

I would think it would be a pain in the rear to do that with 651.. 651 conforms but you would be at it for hours on end trying to get it to lay right.

Would the premium (I'm thinking Avery A9) work okay? I've done small wraps like this before, but never have seen the long term results... def. don't want it to start peeling

I agree, don't create more work for yourself because the guy wants to save a few bucks.