Sign in to follow this  
orbitgrfx

NOOB Banner Q's?

I have a pending request for a banner that my landlady (may) want for a birthday party. I asked her to give me a weeks notice in order to get supplies and design cut for application.

Since I've had other inquiries, I want to order some banner supplies. I need help with this. Thanks.

*Since the banner mentioned is for a party, I believe a 10 oz would work. I have lots of BGS vinyl that I can (?) use on this....recommended?

*Are raw vinyl rolls hemmed and grommeted? How are the bandana 14oz reviews from the forum members?

*Gregory Graphics has 164' rolls of 38" 13oz single sided banner material for $85.99. Good price? 2'x6' finished 13oz = $12.19.

*Aren't all banners double sided? What is the difference?

*Is banner tape used for temporary hems?

*How about using the old fashioned mallet and grommet tool to fasten grommets. I'd be curious as to how many people use this method.

Any imput is desired. Thanks.

-Chase

for your fisrt one i wouldn't get a roll get one all ready have grommets and stitched

I have a pending request for a banner that my landlady (may) want for a birthday party. I asked her to give me a weeks notice in order to get supplies and design cut for application.

Since I've had other inquiries, I want to order some banner supplies. I need help with this. Thanks.

*Since the banner mentioned is for a party, I believe a 10 oz would work. I have lots of BGS vinyl that I can (?) use on this....recommended? For indoor one time use, 10oz and cheap vinyl is fine

*Are raw vinyl rolls hemmed and grommeted? How are the bandana 14oz reviews from the forum members? Raw usually means no hems and grommets. I love the banbana banner rolls...though US Cutter is now selling hemmed and grommeted rolls much cheaper..13oz. I have ordered one to try out, will post review

*Gregory Graphics has 164' rolls of 38" 13oz single sided banner material for $85.99. Good price? 2'x6' finished 13oz = $12.19. That's a decent price for raw banner roll. I pay $6 for a finished,hemmed and grommeted 2x6 from my banner guy.

*Aren't all banners double sided? What is the difference? No, all banners are not designed to be used both sides. The back side is often not finished and vinyl doesn't stick to it as well. Double sided is usually block-out banner, meaning light doesn't show through it.

*Is banner tape used for temporary hems? I use it for permanent hems..and have never had one fail.

*How about using the old fashioned mallet and grommet tool to fasten grommets. I'd be curious as to how many people use this method. IT will wear you out if you do a lot. US Cutter sells a grommet machine with 1000 sets of grommets for $45 shipped...why use a hammer?

Any imput is desired. Thanks.

-Chase

Thanks BannerJohn for the reply. Is your banner supply private, or could anyone order from them @ $6.?

The grommet setter from US Cutter is way Fab for the price!!!!Works like a dream.. I bought my first grommet setter from JoAnn Fabric, didn't do such a hot job....I wasn't strong enough and I was mangling them, this one is very very easy to use!! Totally impressed.. Renee

Thanks BannerJohn for the reply. Is your banner supply private, or could anyone order from them @ $6.?

http://stores.ebay.com/BANNERS-AND-MORE?_rdc=1

Contact him..he will do any size you want, and just one if you need it. I always buy more than one,usually at least 5, to save on shipping.