Southstar Graphics

Vinyl lifting off duriong cutting

I have a laserpoint, and am using Signblazer Element.

The problem I am having is some of the lettering and several objects are lifting off during cutting. Another problem is not cutting all the way, there are gaps in objects that aren't cut, leaving them so as not to weed properly.

I have tried slowing down the cutter speed, and adjusted the offset to no avail.

Yes, I am a newbie, and maybe its something wrong I'm doing, I am not afraid to admit this is my first thing trying to cut.

Can someone please help, I've used about 3/4 of a 10 yd roll of vinyl trying to figure it out.

Thanks in advance

Jim the Newbie

24d.eps

24d.eps

Newbie manual will guide you thru proper blade adjustment and offset - those two should fix your problem

Guest Hugo Valencia

if your issue is still not resolved you can also call for support at 1-888-298-8143

Ok, I adjusted the blade according to the Noob manual, BTW, great little manual.

I adjusted the offset, and even slowed the cutting speed. All to no avail.

Called tech support, they said the same things you guys did. Still, no avail.

I just thought of something. What is the shelf life of a roll of vinyl? I bought the cutter, and the vinyl 2 years ago. I got in a car wreck, and just pulled it out this week, hoping to get back on track. Everything was stored in a closet in my house.

Thanks

Jim

Is your blade sharp? Does it have any debris on it? Does it pivot freely in the holder? ;)

Guest sciondrgn

Ok, I adjusted the blade according to the Noob manual, BTW, great little manual.

I adjusted the offset, and even slowed the cutting speed. All to no avail.

Called tech support, they said the same things you guys did. Still, no avail.

I just thought of something. What is the shelf life of a roll of vinyl? I bought the cutter, and the vinyl 2 years ago. I got in a car wreck, and just pulled it out this week, hoping to get back on track. Everything was stored in a closet in my house.

Thanks

Jim

Vinyl shelf life will vary by brand and conditions, Temperature and such can affect it. I have had some vinyl rolls for over a year now and I am able to still use with no problems.

What kind of vinyl is it?  I had some cheap no name eBay vinyl when I first started out and it would lift off its backing while it was cutting as well.. It was a pain..

I use Oracal 651/751 and haven't had any troubles from it

The vinyl is LG HI-Cal.

The blade is brand new, and spins freely.

I just cut some other lettering, and they came out fine. Went back to the original, and its lifting the letters again. Now, I am thinking its the font I used.

Will try a different font see what happens, and let the forum know.

Thanks

Jim

How big is the letters that are lifting, and what type of font.  I have a feeling you are trying to cut something very small?

You may need to pull you design apart, I opened it earlier and found a lot of duplicate curves in the file you posted.