Sign in to follow this  
sspvinyl

LLumar window tint for Headlight / Taillight tint

Has anyone used LLumar window film for tinting head lights and tail lights?  If not which brand of tint are you using?

Not me and remember this may not be legal in most areas - I would be concerned about liability if you install and someone is in an accident

A lot of the cops here in FL dont care unless your doing something stupid.    You obey the law (speed limit) and you should be good.'

But are people using Window tint for the headlight and tail light tint or is a different material being used.

Guest YHC

Most that I see around here is a custom built light. They come pre-tinted from the company that makes them. I don't think the film would last long on the front as its like being sandblasted with bugs and rocks.

You can buy tinted spray that might work.

I have installed a set that someone ordered from somewhere that was a translucent vinyl.

Oracal 8300 transparent. Maybe you can get a sample from Oracal.

I looked up the 8300 by Oracal in my color sample.  Do they have black.  The only dark color I notice was Grey.  Not sure if that is going to work..

Might check the translucents I think they have a black, but I don't think I would want that on my taillights.

yea im not sure on the Translucent vinyl.....

Wanting some opinions on if window tint is being used to tint headlights and tail lights

Nope, no window tint. Window tint won't conform well to heads and tails. Try xpel or laminx they have the black color your looking for.

They have black smoke, blue, yellow and clear i believe.

Also, im getting some new stuff from overseas, it should arrive in 30 days. Good certified automotive overlays for tails, heads, side markers, brake lights. We ordered some samples a few weeks ago and it's awesome! Very stretchy!

We might become there dealer here in the U.S if the price is right.

Nice.  Keep me updated....I may try the translucent stuff on my own car to see how it is and go from there.  Def. interested in the stuff ur talking about to.  Keep me up to date please.

Absolutely, i will let you know. I tried that black oracal 8500 transparent and it was hell to put on. We had a hard time stretching it around contour edges, and the black is not glossy at all, looks like a flat black on your lights. Another product that worked very well, but you will lose it during high speeds according to many people is the static cling product. I tried it and it worked well, but it was just to dark for me, and i didn't feel comfortable selling it knowing it's sold in local stores.

The cling product can be found in walmart, target, or any auto part store. There are a lot of sellers selling it all over the net, and many people don't even know that they can go get it at a local store.