Sign in to follow this  
sspvinyl

EZ roll tape applicator

Has anyone used this yet?  I was at the International Sign Expo in Orlando yesterday and saw this item.  It looks fairly easy to use however the price seems a lil bit to high.  But IDK I may just go ahead an buy one if make this process easier for me.

http://nunnproducts.com/templates/System/details.asp?id=42409&PID=682063

Here is a video:

http://nunnproducts.com/clientimages/42409/17_ezroll_demostration.wmv

they are nice but the new way everyone is applying is with the big squeegee or a home made similar unit.  much cheaper and works great- I use a big squeegee myself and a smaller home made one made from plexi and felt

• Like 1

We looked at those at one point and decided it wasn't very practical (esp since I can barely lift a roll of 24" tape with 2 hands by myself :huh:) I have the roller from USCutter so I can tape larger jobs by myself. I won it on ebay auction for significantly less than what USC sells on their site, with free shipping.

yes.  I would be lost without it.  Here is a picture of a large decal  I did using the Maskrite,  you can just keep  taping as far as you want.  and you can put it away, It does not take up room on the table. and It is not heavy,  Will hold any tape up to 24" or 30" whichever you purchase. Shown is 24" roll I'm using, with no problem and by myself. 

post-3093-12986552079475_thumb.jpg

post-3093-12986552089043_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

yes.  I would be lost without it.  Here is a picture of a large decal  I did using the Maskrite,  you can just keep  taping as far as you want.  and you can put it away, It does not take up room on the table. and It is not heavy,  Will hold any tape up to 24" or 30" whichever you purchase. Shown is 24" roll I'm using, with no problem and by myself. 

Does it have wheels under it or? Wonder how hard the drag is?

those tubes are ,two large rollers all the way across, no drag, they spin feely  the transfer tape sits right on the rollers.  

I did some searching.  A few people aren't happy

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CAkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.uscutter.com%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D5275.0&ei=foDDS5jkHIz68AaR0rGQBQ&usg=AFQjCNELA9L--lH_eGVLLk_Nb0bauGkpXQ&sig2=HCHII0BOuBpY7sh27u1mgw

I'm a one man show so it's hard for me to do some of these big ones. I was thinking of one that hangs off the table but they are $$$$$$.

not heavy at all.  it weighs (24" )  2.8 lbs,    30" 3lbs.  I just weighed both.  How can that be heavy? And it is on rollers.. It's aluminum, I don't run my tape under the roller,  I run it over the roller,  and out the back,  You can see it on my picture with decal.  I love it.  

I'm a one woman show . I live alone and work from my home.  I can do 28" wide  up to unlimited length,  most of my graphics are  20" wide x  10-14ft long,  I do fullside vehicle graphics.  That is my main niche'.  Not every piece of equipment is suitable for everybody. Everybody has their  own certain way of doing things.  Just like not everybody is suitable to do decals. And others don't want the cost.  But this piece of equipment works great for me, for doing large graphics by myself. and I like it really well. and have used them for over 4 years.   This is what I started with.  I can then use my whole 8ft table, and not have anything attached to it.  I'm just saying it works for me.  :huh:

I'm a one woman show . I live alone and work from my home.  I can do 28" wide  up to unlimited length,  most of my graphics are  20" wide x  10-14ft long,  I do fullside vehicle graphics.  That is my main niche'.  Not every piece of equipment is suitable for everybody. Everybody has their  own certain way of doing things.  Just like not everybody is suitable to do decals. And others don't want the cost.  But this piece of equipment works great for me, for doing large graphics by myself. and I like it really well. and have used them for over 4 years.   This is what I started with.  I can then use my whole 8ft table, and not have anything attached to it.  I'm just saying it works for me.  :huh:

Everyone has their own style and what works for one might not work for another - each to their own for what works.  I defiantly looked at the maskright before going BS and believe either one would work great - just personal preference.  Carolyn do you have a sign on your door that reads "to hell with the dog beware of owner"?  LOL ;) ;) ;D

I have the 15" unit, it works well for long runs. I also use my Big Squeegee as well since it's 32" and i can do 24" app tape with it.