Sign in to follow this  
tomb321

Cutting Strip that fits

Does any one know where to buy a cutting strip that fits the LP? Bought one from USCutter. Sent me one that doesn't fit (it's long enough just not wide enough), they say to use double sided tape to hold it down  :thumbsup:

Wow - how much too narrow is it?  the graphtecs use a butyl adhesive to hold theirs down

Narrow enough that I could see it was visibly not going to work, maybe 1/16". I took the new strip out of the package and started to remove the old strip but stopped after I had 2 inches out because I could tell it was different. Continued until I had about a foot pulled up so I could see if the new one would work.

Sure enough, it does not snap in or require any force. It just curled up out of the track.

Does any one know where to buy a cutting strip that fits the LP? Bought one from USCutter. Sent me one that doesn't fit (it's long enough just not wide enough), they say to use double sided tape to hold it down  :thumbsup:

Have you got this sorted yet ?

I have a work around keep old 1 in place and I can sell a thin 1, that sticks to original but thick enough to give a new cutting service, you need to readjust blade before cutting again.

No, I haven't messed with it. Still using the old one. I plan to buy some double-side tape to keep in place.

Guest manwayvan

The pcuts are the same way..too small to fit right..lol

On the LP1 I took mine out and turned it around, not upside down and that worked for a long time but eventually it got covered with reflective vinyl which held up great. Before anybody wonders why mine was so chewed up  let me say 2 thing in my defense here 1: I;m not the only person who used that cutter and 2: sometimes I get too busy and don't pay as much attention as I should.