sbarr

T-Shirt questions

I've been ask by a friend to cut lettering for the back of three t-shirts.  She and two students are participating in the St. Baldrick's project this spring and want "Team" shirts.

My question is what is the "standard" size of lettering on the back of a t-shirt?  Does it vary with the size of the t-shirt?

I'm planning to arch the team name over the teacher/student name.

Thanks!  I did search and either didn't use the right keywords, or missed it entirely.

Steve

how long is the message? 10-11 across is a start  unless the shirts are small or med, then i would be about 9 across. but it still goes back to how long the message

Yea it generally is based on the size of the shirt. for Lg to XL I use a 10" wide by about 12" or so long

Bigger shirts you can put a little more on. I'm a big guy and on 4X shirts I can do 13-14" wide

I would just make sure that the lettering goes from shoulder-blade to shoulder-blade. This will be anywhere from 8"-12" long.

Thanks for the info.  I believe the shirt are all mediums, so I'll shoot for around 8-9".

Thanks for the prompt replies.  I appreciate the help.

Steve

Find out from them what they want.  :rolleyes:

We normally do 10-12 inches wide unless otherwise specified.

We do have a car club that we do 16 inch wide logos for shirt backs but they are all 2X to 5X shirts.