Larryc39

LaserPoint Setup Questions

Sure Ill post it as soon as I get home, I created it from scratch to surprise my boss with a few bumperstickers, hopefully I wont have to make it any bigger. thanks for the tips!.

I have tried 5 cuts of the text and all of them ruined.

thanks

Wayne

Here is the logo, Let me know what you all think.

thanks

Wayne

tntlogo.SBD

tntlogo.SBD

here you go, try this. the bar at the top of the images is for alignment during assembly of the two colors, you will throw that away when you are done. when you are weeding the text, it is a good idea to cut the negative space into smaller pieces as you weed. also don't forget to weed from right to left. the red grafic was a mess! that would have never cut right, you had too many lines in there (compare your original to my finished version with node editor, you will see what i mean). let me know if you have any questions. :thumbsup:

bb

tntlogo.SBD

tntlogo.SBD

Thanks cutme, greatly appreciated!!!

Yeah I did the red in two circles and a square :thumbsup: shows Im a newb!

Wayne

no problem  :thumbsup: have you tried to cut it yet?

bb

so how did you do it? Did you just delete the points you didnt need and close the loop?

Wayne

yes more or less... i split the nodes where lines would become tangent, and deleted what you did not need. to join the lines back together, you just drag one node over the other and they automatically join. when you view your drawing in node editor, you are seeing what the cutter sees. use the help section to learn about the node editor, it is your best friend. i use the poly line tool and node editor more than the vector function (it adds way too many nodes). it inverted the colors when i put the weed box around the whole thing. and i always work on a duplicate of the original. when i made the two templates, i duplicated the whole thing and then deleted the other color.

hope this helps ;D

bb

well it definately cut very nicely, although I made it a lot bigger but I neglected to send you the font, so I am still having a problem with that..

I think I will have to rely on patience for that.

thanks!

Wayne

that looks great! show us the finished product when its done. ;)

bb