SandyM114

my first t-shirt order

I've played around a little with t=shirts for family, but this was an order for a local cheer camp.I sold them for 8.00 each and made little if anything on the deal. I think I had exactly 6.00 in the shirt. They had been ordering screen printed t's so were only paying 7.00. It was hard to expect her to pay more, but what do most shirts go for? This was 3 colors of vinyl. It was my first design to start with clip art and do the entire design without much help from the forum members. Jay did tell me how to combine 2 files. I'd done that before, but couldn't seem to remember how this time.  Finally, I'm begininning to learn this stuff.  Centering could have been a little better on this shirt, but all in all I'm pleased with the results.

Sandy

post-3822-12986549462448_thumb.jpg

post-3822-1298654947696_thumb.jpg

looks great,, great work,

you have come a long way,,

MMM :D

Guest crshirts

nice work!!! I would have been 10-12.

screened 7ea plus screen charges.

Carl

Thank you very much, everyone!  I didn't charge near enough. When I priced them, I thought we were talking one color. I couldn't get the eagle to show any detail without black behind it so that thought didn't work. Kind of worked for free on this one, looks like...Someone came by while I was working on them and asked me to bid on 2 doz practice jerseys, so maybe it was worth taking a loss on this job.

Someone saw my coroplast signs and ordered 50 today also. I think I bid too low on them, 3.50 each for one side. One color. Someone locally  sells them for 1.60 each including the stake. How do they do that? My price for the blank coro and stake was 1.60. Sheesh! Sandy

Nice work as for the coro job I landed one yesterday for 15.00 A sign one color two sided. I left money on the table cause the guy said the next lowest price was 30.00 a peice. On thing I do know now is there isnt many sign shops around me so I kinda know where to be .

This guy is running for election locally. I knew another candidate had paid just 1.60 a sign including the stake, so priced mine at 3.50 and planned to sub them out. He's an older guy and I didn't have the heart to charge him more. I've since been reading tons of posts on the forum and see I'm way out of line on the pricing. I don't think he would have bought 50 at the prices I see on the price charts.

nice shirt, seems like a lot of work. 

I think the reason other people charge so little for the coro signs are because they buy them in bulk and they screen print them.  That keeps all the costs lower.  For smaller shops it wouldn't make sense to buy thousands of blank signs at a time.  But also the screen printing produces a sign is much faster then vinyl.  Vinyl is good for small jobs but screen printing is the way to go for larger jobs.

I'm hoping to sub these 50 signs out. Have to check on it tomorrow. I'm wanting someone to screen print them, but haven't called yet.Sandy

Shirts look great.

I can almost guarantee you they weren't getting reflective screenprinted, and probably not 3 color fronts for $7 each.  Maybe 3 color for $7 each if they buy 250+ at a time, but not reflective.  If you had $6 in the shirt just in materials, you should have gotten at least $12 each for them, and that would be low, depending on the qty.

As far as coro, no offense, but at $3.50, you may as well tell them, sorry you can't do them.  You'll be practically losing money in materials alone, much less the time.  Even if you can sub them screened, I highly doubt that you'll be able to break even at a qty of 50.  If you can get them up to a qty of 100 or so, you should be able to get them screened for around $2.50 for 18x24, 1color/2side, including stake.

My guess is the candidate that got them for $1.60 is that they weren't screened coroplast, but rather the sleeve-type signs that are digitally-printed and either slipped over or stapled around a frame.  Stouse has good pricing on this type of stuff. 

I spoke with the people selling the coro signs with stakes for 1.60 today. They are a non-profit organ. of volunteers that do this for candidates that need a little help with campaigning. They charge only for their materials and get really good prices as they order so many signs. They also charge a set up fee of 60.00 and a screen fee of 65.00 for each sign order. They won't sell to shops doing signs. Too good to be true, wasn't it? 

I can get the sign for 90 cents, the stake for 64 cents and it takes about 1.00 for the vinyl and app tape. I'm selling the 50 signs for 3.50 each as I have already given him the price. I'll make about 50.00 on the deal, which is sad, but I won't do more for the same price. Live and learn....just really need to work on my pricing.lol  I gave a quote for 2 dozen jerseys today and put a lot more thought into this quote.lol    Sandy

I'm attaching the group pic of the kids in their shirts. I feel like a proud Mama...

post-3822-12986549513464_thumb.jpg

post-3822-12986549558741_thumb.jpg

You forgot to take your time in consideration.

How long it's going to take to cut, weed, tape and mount?

I think you would be better of if you turned this yob down.

Good luck in the future.

D

You forgot to take your time in consideration.

How long it's going to take to cut, weed, tape and mount?

I think you would be better of if you turned this yob down.

Good luck in the future.

D

No kidding, tell them to take it to the non-profit group for $1.60 each.