SignGame

How do I laminate a banner?

Any tips or tricks for laminating banners. I'm working w/ 13.oz Scrim Banners that have been printed w/ pigment ink. I know about the wet laminate, I have a 48" Seal laminator, it does hot laminating as well as cold, any advice as to how I can use this laminator for my banners would be appreciated.

Thats a good question... Are you looking for an example or just ideas!?! I would assume a laminate inlay on the banner would go a long way.. However many are using the spray on laminate in this scenario.

For banners, I would only use a spray laminate like Frog Juice. Don't try to use a regular lamination... it looks bad and it won't stay on it for long. Normally, you don't need to use any kind of laminate for banners, but if you must, use Frog Juice, it works good.

Pigment ink already is made for outdoor use... some companies refer to pigment inks as UV inks because they are more weather/fade resistant.

I print all my banners with solvent ink and I never laminate them. Banners are made to be "temporary" signs but I have customers who have had my banners out for a few years and they still look good.

You can find someone to liquid laminate, or if you have a heated lamiantor you can always use 3M 8580 Laminate w/ heat turned to 120 degrees which will help it conform to the scrim pattern.

On 5/13/2010 at 10:25 AM, bayshorecreations said:

I print all my banners with solvent ink and I never laminate them. Banners are made to be "temporary" signs but I have customers who have had my banners out for a few years and they still look good.

This is what I suggest as well.