redrub04

got my 4.3 firmware chipset coming tomorrow, what now?

Does anybody have a tutorial on how to replace this chipset?  Pics, videos, written instructions, anything?  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Below is a picture of the board.

***Check with USCutter about grounding procedures.  I keep mine plugged in so the cutter is grounded.  While touching metal on the cutter with my left hand, I grab the bag with the new chip with my right hand.  BE SURE TO STAY AWAY FROM THE POWER SUPPLY.  You will know it if you touch it wrong.

The chip you will be replacing is the one with "QC" on it.  

TAKE NOTE OF WHERE THE LITTLE NOTCH IS (it's on the left side of the chip here, and will most likely be on yours too).  

Take 2 small screwdrivers (jewelers), put one under each side and slowly pop it out of the socket.  

Grab your other chip and place it on to the socket.  

MAKE SURE all of the little pins are in each hole, if not, you may need to push them in a little.  When each pin from the chip is in each hole of the socket, push it in.  Sometimes it is kinda tough to get in.  But once it goes in, you will know it.  

Once it is in, you can unplug your cutter to put it all back together.

It's really easy.

post-2964-12986547384129_thumb.jpg

post-2964-12986547403471_thumb.jpg

Is the firmware IC a mask rom?

What is the text on the mask ROM.

I could not see it in the pic as the QC label is over it.

If it is a mask rom it can be duplicated to a EPROM.

Paco

Take apart for Pcut :: Manual by Karl

The display panel on top:

Typically the display unit will not need to be removed, but ... Two screws in back must be removed to allow top to swing open, one on each side (it only lifts up 2 inch for space to use the ink pen when plotting). Lift the top plate up until the cable on right side is at its limit, it is shorter than it should be so be careful not to cause it to unplug. Then the screws on the bottom of the top plate into the display unit, the 3 in back are longer, the 3 in front are shorter, DO NOT MIX THEM UP -- the long screw will penetrate the display unit if used in the front!  The right side cover needs to be removed to disconnect the display unit