Sign in to follow this  
Xmom

Is there any way to make a typed design in Microsoft...

and then convert it to be able to cut? 

Here is what I am trying to do.  I am trying to put various words in different fonts in the shape of a Christmas tree.  Does that make sense?

Thanks, Starla

I did download Inkscape thanks to a suggestion here but it is overwhelming and not sure if that is the program I want to use.

if you have ms-word and corel x3, yes you can. just save it in RTF format then import to Corel then convert text to curves & export to eps , but keep fancy stuff to a minimum. It's a little complicated but possible, But won't it be easier to build it in your favorite paint program then import directly to SB and vectorize???

Have you tried CTRL+C to copy the text from Word then CTRL+V to paste it into your cutter program?

Jay

I do not have Corel.  It seems like it 'should' be easier to do it in Inkscape but I am still learning as I just downloaded it a few days ago.

Jay, I have not tried that...I just use SB for my projects and buy most of the designs premade.  I wanted to try my hand at making one and have it done in MS Word since that is an easy program.

I will have to try that...although I am sure I will need more help, thanks!

XMom

You Have Microsoft Paint, right? So create it there, save as BMP and import to SB then vectorize. BTW save yourself some steps and do everything in one color in paint then after vectorizing in SB set your colors.

Oh gosh, lueman, my horrendous lack of computer skills is going to show...I 'guess' I have MS Paint.  I have never used it if I do.  ;D  I will do some checking.  I was just planning to type the various words in the shape of a tree and do them in different fonts, but will be done in one color to start. Believe me when I say I am doing these just for fun 95% of the time.  With a deployed husband and five kids, I don't have time to do this as a business.  (although that is a goal for the future)

If I am successful at doing it in MS Paint, how do I go about vectorizing after importing it in SB?  I have other graphics that I have purchased that I often use in SB when I import.

Thanks, XMom

ETA:  I checked my computer under all programs and there isn't a MS Paint listed...am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanx, XMom

I am not totally satisfied with my font choices but this will give you an idea of what I am trying to do.  I first tried to upload as it but it is a docx file and wouldn't let me so I saved it as a pdf.

Thanx!

XMom

JOY.pdf

JOY.pdf

Guest crshirts

Start

All Programs

Acessories

Paint shoud be in list

Carl

I am using Signblazer.  I do have MS Paint...just wasn't looking in the right place.  :-

XMom

Jay, you again make it sound so easy...I admire your knowledge.  When I went into the document and hit CTRL and C it did nothing...

Thanks, XMom

Jay, you again make it sound so easy...I admire your knowledge.  When I went into the document and hit CTRL and C it did nothing...

Thanks, XMom

Sorry, I hadn't actually tried it before. I can get the text to copy in but it didn't work like I thought it would. The text comes in Backwards and upside down. Have you tried just creating it in your cutting software instead of Word?

post-1657-1298654682327_thumb.jpg

The biggest plus of doing it in your cutting software is that you can still edit the text.

Jay

Here is the SDB file just open it in SB it still needs some work. The problem is when you saved it as a pdf you didn't in-bed the fonts so when I opened it with Corel, Corel substituted standard fonts instead, so I was forced to use the alt-prtscr method then vectorize in SB.

xmas blessings.SBD

post-4909-12986546811223_thumb.jpg

xmas blessings.SBD

post-4909-12986546823414_thumb.jpg

Jay, so true...I am just not that good at using SB yet.

lue, what am I missing?  It looks great!!!!  I am headed out the door to church but will try it in SB later today.  Perhaps when I open it I will see.  thanx!!

(and I have no idea what you are talking about as 'in-bed' fonts.  I just saved it to pdf because when I tried to upload here it wouldn't accept a docx...should I go back and save it as something else?

XMom

Well, it took many attempts but I did manage to re create the document in SB.  I don't know if I did it right as I adjusted the height/type of the text in each line so that the lines would increase to form the shape of the tree.

Now, though, after I saved it, the file is huge and the document is about 22 x 28.  I cannot figure out how to decrease the size down to 11 x 11 so that I can print it and put it on a glass block.  (I didn't add a star on top but can do that alone)

Usually, when I work with a saved document (the ones that I have purchased)  when I double click on the image, it allows me to change the size...for some reason, this SB document isn't.

Help!

XMom

I used the Rr button and resized it.  Now though, the next is right in the middle of the page when I click to cut.  It would be an awful waste of vinyl.  How do I move it to the top left corner and then I would even have room to duplicate (found that button, too  ;D one right next to it and conserve vinyl.

Thanx!

XMom

Just select the design SB will move it to the lower right corner, unless you have something away from the main design you shouldn't waste any vinyl.