Sign in to follow this  
NukleoN

First Time T-Shirt Pressing Soon, Recommend Your Favorites!

Hi there,

Just like I did with my cutter I am doing lots of research before buying my heat-press and supplies. I am trying to get recommendations for the top-quality stuff so I don't waste time with inferior junk.

I've already decided to get a Sunie (Chinese-made) heat press for my budget and now I need recommendations for other stuff. I'll list it to make it easier:

1. What vinyl? I've heard good things about Siser Easyweed. What are your recommendations for heat-press vinyl and where is a good place to buy it that has good shipping prices?

2. Which shirts? Generally I want some cotton shirts for guys and girls (specific girl-cuts). I'm looking mostly for black, and need recommendations for a good wholesaler with good shipping prices. Do I need a resale number or anything to buy shirts at wholesale? Are there specific shirts you like? I should buy, pre-shrunk right?

3. Do I need a teflon sheet for the Sunie?

4. Is there anything else I am missing?

Thanks!

Guest sciondrgn

Siser Easy Weed all the way for me. I started out using Spectra Eco-Film from Imprintables but it's the same material. Imprintables just renames it. I started ordering Siser from Specialty Graphics. Shipping times are good and they have a good selection plus you can buy it by the foot from them.

For shirts I typically use Gildans and have had good results with them.

I would recommend a Teflon sheet. I just ordered mine when I ordered my Sunie and its plenty big and its held up great over the past year and a half ive had mine.

Thanks! Still curious to hear more feedback on shirts but I am gonna go with Siser to start. :thumbsup: Where is a good place to buy wholesale shirts?

If I want to do full-color shirts do I need special ink or just the right paper?

shirts i use Jiffyshirts

Full color there is another whole can of worms - pigmented and the most popular seems to be JPSS

let the opinions flow . . . .

use S&S activewear...if you want light shirt use 5.4oz if you want "normal" shirt use 6.1oz if you want full color designs what are you using your cutter for??? you want to screenprint or transfer to the garments

yeah, I'd probably just stick to one or two color vinyl. Thanks for the info.

use S&S activewear...if you want light shirt use 5.4oz if you want "normal" shirt use 6.1oz if you want full color designs what are you using your cutter for??? you want to screenprint or transfer to the garments

Guest Hugo Valencia

yup Siser easyweed is a pretty good product, you'll like it.

the Teflon sheet helps but its not always necessary, but i would get it to protect the vinyl.

I've just discovered 3G opaque t-shirt transfer paper for inkjet printers!

This is one great reason to get a bigger printer, as I see this comes in 11x17 and I would need the extra real-estate to cover a shirt nicely (especially for large artwork on the back).

Now, to get a heatpress. I am thinking it has to be a Sunie 16x20 to accomodate 11x17 paper.

I use only Gildan 100% cotton 6.1 oz shirts. I get mine from Sanmar. They offer next day shipping to me for ground rates.

Guest manwayvan

I use only Gildan 100% cotton 6.1 oz shirts. I get mine from Sanmar. They offer next day shipping to me for ground rates.

:thumbsup: