Rockon100

I need help closing the gaps and corners.

I have a LP and I am using Flexi Pro. I got the LP last year and have not tried it much, when I first used it I was unable to get the gaps to close up right and the corners are rounded.

I just started to use this unit again and I have the same issues. I have had the blade offset set from 0 to .080 and nothing appears to be different at all, I have adjusted the cutting speed up and down as well and nothing ever appears to change anything. I have very closely inspected and cleaned the blade holder. This unit has not cut right since I opened the box. I don't know what to try next. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks. I think you meant .025. I have tried everything from 0 to .080 and nothing has made any difference at all. I know that I have to be overlooking something.

Mine is in inches, it is currently set at .020 which is .50 in MM. I have tried and set everything that I know to try. I have even checked the unit for play.

Mine is in inches, it is currently set at .020 which is .50 in MM. I have tried and set everything that I know to try. I have even checked the unit for play.

are you changeing your blade offset in FLEXI,    or is there a place  on your vinyl cutter to change it..   I change mine right in Flexi.  I don't have a US Cutter product,, I have a Graphtec.  so mine is different,  but everything I have read on US cutter products is .25 

You have not stated what version of Flexi you have,,  I have Flexi starter 8.5  click  cut/plot with something on your screen,    production manager opens,,,  look for properties at top left hand screen  under the Cutter brand name,  click it,  screen changes,  look for a picture of a knife blade,  click it,  look for knife offset. 

Try to calibrate the XY offset of the machine itself.

Machines do not have manual offset of knife.

Can only be done by software as you find out.

How to is in the contributional section in the NEW BIE manual.

Paco

Paco Thank you for the tip. However I have already tried changing the offset, I have tried using everything from 0 to the maximum of .100 and nothing appears different at all in the cut. I am starting to wonder if I have a setting somewhere else that may be set wrong.

Paco Thank you for the tip. However I have already tried changing the offset, I have tried using everything from 0 to the maximum of .100 and nothing appears different at all in the cut. I am starting to wonder if I have a setting somewhere else that may be set wrong.

he is not telling you to change the offset....  he is telling you to calibrate your  X Y on your machine.  totally different.  here is how.

if you have a pen, put it in place of the blade and set your blade offset to "0". in your drawing software (whatever program you use to edit graphics for cutting), draw a square as big as you can draw on whatever paper you have handy (just make sure it is a square). draw the square using your plotter and measure the square on the paper. it should measure the same as the square in the drawing on your computer. if they don't match, make adjustments on your plotters x and y figures, and redraw the square until they do match. don't forget to reset your blade offset when you reinstall the blade.

Thanks I will look into that shortly, What is troubling me is that no matter what I have the offset set at nothing appears changed.

Speedoggy Where are you located? I live in Anderson.

Thanks I will look into that shortly, What is troubling me is that no matter what I have the offset set at nothing appears changed.

Speedoggy Where are you located? I live in Anderson.

what driver are you using?...  have you tried the Roland PC1000?,  alot of people use it for other cutters. 

I can't find my pen, but I measured the stuff I cut yesterday and they are right on the money in size.

Refresh me on where to check to see which drivers that I have, I first set this up last winter.

WELL.  the only thing I can tell you to do is reset it up,  in production manager, and try a different driver.  or the driver for your machine and see what works best with it. 

I have a feeling that I am using the driver for the Pcut ct 630, atleast that is what shows up in the production manager window..

sorry,  I cannot help you any further,  I do not have a US cutter  machine,,,,  Brandon is on the board today,  maybe you can PM him for help..

I have it working good now....... I striped everything off and reinstalled everything, now it is working better than it ever has. Cutting good and weeding easy.

I would like to thank everyone for the help and input.