HEADSTRONG

Going to the basics (REVISED)

Getting so wrapped up in the configuration of the software itself I figure let me just stick a piece of vinyl in and test cut a square manually on the cutter . Well guess what ? Starts the square and ends short with the pigtails ,snag I have been talking about .Is there a way to fix this? I am so so tired of dicking around with this. I know there is always set up for every thickness and vinyl .but this is just a real pain in the as*

Hello,

I am not an expert but I would like to offer some help. I read this entire thread and definetly feel your pain. Ok in my opinion it seems the blade is not able to turn. But I read that you have already addressed this. The reason I feel its it either a dull blade or your blade cant turn a corner is because all the snags are small circular cuts on the insides of the letters for the most part. And this problem seems to appear on not just your BELIEVE graphic but on your tests as well. But there could be a setting in the cutter that is causing this. Check the screen shot and see if the settings in the x and y scales are correct. As I understand it the factory defaults are the only settings that should be used. I took a screenshot of Sign blazer elements. I hope that is the software you are using. If so you can use it as a reference against your cutter set up page. When you go to cut look to the top and look for the set up icon after you have clicked the cutter icon. that page will come up and you can compare yours to mine. Oh and 1 more thing you can select the image and choose edit, node edit, and zoom in very close to see if the defects are part of you graphic. Probably not but its worth a try.

I hope this has helped.

6rnd34.jpg