Sign in to follow this  
Guest manwayvan

First banner and first time layered colors a little nervous looking for help

Guest manwayvan

I got a school looking to get a 2ft by 6ft banner. Text is simple with two lines of text. They want to use the colors red,black,and white. I suggested to use a red banner with white text with black shadowing. I am looking for advice on text sizing for this size and should the top line be bigger than the bottom? Also I want the font to look good so does anyone recommend a nice font for this kind of stuf?  I am going to apply wet and I have never done dual color so is it possible to layer vinyl using wet technigue with paper app tape?  Any things to look for as far as applying vinyl to banner?  Thanks for all your help

Have the corners pulled tight so the banner is flat. You can bungee it to a table or pin it to the floor if it's wooden.

Wet app is the only way i do banners since it allows for easy and bubble free installation.

We normally do the first layer dry.  We use the hinge method and it works pretty good.  If I have a brain fade and forget to create the registration blocks, we do the succeeding layers wet.  We found that the best thing to do is to cut the registration blocks out of the second and succeeding layers and then just line up the second-layer graphic so that the reg. block on the banner is showing through the hole.  Make sense?

It works for us, but we normally have two people working on laying the banner out.

Guest manwayvan

Thanks for the advice. I have never used reg blocks yet and was wondering once I place them on the graphic is there anything else I need to do such as change colors or anything.thaanks again

" We found that the best thing to do is to cut the registration blocks out of the second and succeeding layers and then just line up the second-layer graphic so that the reg. block on the banner is showing through the hole.  Make sense? "

Yes it does ! Thanks for sharing that . I have not done many multi colors , but that makes it sounds much easier  ;D

I got a school looking to get a 2ft by 6ft banner. Text is simple with two lines of text. They want to use the colors red,black,and white. I suggested to use a red banner with white text with black shadowing. I am looking for advice on text sizing for this size and should the top line be bigger than the bottom? Also I want the font to look good so does anyone recommend a nice font for this kind of stuf?  I am going to apply wet and I have never done dual color so is it possible to layer vinyl using wet technigue with paper app tape?  Any things to look for as far as applying vinyl to banner?  Thanks for all your help

Can you show us your finished product?

Guest manwayvan

Yah I have been trying to attach them to the forum but the size is killing me. I am working on a website so as soon as I get it finished I will post all of my work I have been doing..Thanks

If you call me I'll Help as much as I can

For your safety, please PM to exchange phone numbers.  Remember this is a public forum.

Thanks

Ive done banners by line up and measuring how do you go about these registration marks your talking about THANKS JHELMS