Sign in to follow this  
coloradokev

Signblazer on Windows7 ?

Hey All,

Any adventurous soul out there using SB on Windows 7 yet? 

If so, whaddayouthink?  Any problems, first impressions?

I want to load it on my new laptop, but first want to check if anyone else is using this combination already.

Thanks,

- Kev

I tremble at the very thought of it.

But somebody has to be the guini pig. Go for it and report back. I would think that with nobody out there to write the drivers, it wouldn't work.

Heh-heh,

Thanks John... way to shove me out on that limb!    :thumbsup:

I may as well, since I was planning on installing it anyway.

It may take me another week though, I'd like to finish the cut jobs I have lined up already before I flirt with disaster.

I'm still open to input from the intrepid crew here though.  Pretty please...somebody???

An original distributor of SignBlazer told me that Windows 7 would require new software ( we were talking about why anybody would buy a new version of SignBlazer ( supposedly being tested ) when the free trial of SB Elements is available ) . There will be computers with XP & Vista available for a long time , even if used .

Guest fivestar

I would say it will work.  From what I have seen with Windows 7 it has an excellent compatibility mode.  Hell give me the link to download it.  I got it on my Home Theatre PC I'll install it on there and see what happens.  Obviously I don't have a cutter hooked up to it but I can see if she installs, opens up and everything.

They say there should be no compatibility issues with windows 7, so if it works with vista, its supposed to work on 7. I think windows 7 is practically going to run like xp but look like vista. i was thinking about doing the exact same thing because my computer has been acting up. Not sure if this old thing can handle it though, because they also say windows 7 has some pretty steep graphics requirements... Everyone with the beta version seems happy with it though, supposedly much faster! ;D and not so annoying..

As I understand from a couple of the guys at work, the footprint of W7 is about the same as for Vista, so no additional bloatware, but much faster.  Reading some of the comments on user forums, there are folks reporting that they have it running fine on single core processors with a Gb of memory.

I'll get her loaded up this week and report back with what I experience.

Per the Microsoft website for Windows 7 "Release candidate" (read beta version):

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx

Here's what you need to have:

Internet access (to download Windows 7 RC and get updates)

A PC with these system requirements:

1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

1 GB RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

16 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit)

DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

- K

Good question.  I made my work laptop dual boot XP & Windows 7 Beta last spring so I could start testing it with apps at work.  After seeing your post I figured I'd give it a whirl.  It worked just fine. My test was with SBE. My laptop doesn't have serial so I connected via USB.  My cutter is a Refine MH-721. The cutter drivers installed when installing SBE with no issues.

My test was just some text that said "Windows 7" and it shot over and cut fine from SBE.

Cody

good news  ;D

thanks Cody=

That is good news.  I'm a little less apprehensive about the switch over now,

How do like W7 overall?

- K

I kind of like Windows 7, at least from a user point of view.  From an administrative perspective I'm not overly thrilled.  I do think Windows 7 will do pretty well in the market eventually.  From what I can tell it's basically Vista-stable, kind of like XP became after SP2.

I run it on a core 2 duo laptop with 2GB of RAM and it's runs well, even for a beta version.

Cody

I have a new MH-721 and am having problems setting it up for corel. How exactly do I get CorelDraw X3 to recognize this cutter? I have looked at the Cutting From CorlelDraw word file...to no avail.

SBE installed the driver without fail it seems as I have done a test cut from Flexi with no problems. It is communicating with Flexi.

I am using the USB cable. Windows 7 Ultimate...with 8 GB of Corsair ram.  :lol:

I have a new MH-721 and am having problems setting it up for corel. How exactly do I get CorelDraw X3 to recognize this cutter? I have looked at the Cutting From CorlelDraw word file...to no avail.

SBE installed the driver without fail it seems as I have done a test cut from Flexi with no problems. It is communicating with Flexi.

I am using the USB cable. Windows 7 Ultimate...with 8 GB of Corsair ram.  :lol:

Wish I could help but I don't use Corel.  You might try posting your issue in the Corel Draw section of these forums to see if anyone with experience can help. 

Corel Draw Forum:

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?board=27.0