Just got mine the other day and love how easy it is to use.  I just have a couple questions.

How long do the knives last?  I got some vinyl off ebay and its 6 year vinyl.  Thats all I know about it.

Is there any way to get rid of the little miscut hangers on some of the cuts?  Or is that caused by the feed being uneven or something?

Thanks,  I think thats will do it for now.

Matt

Some customers change their blade every 1-2 motnhs, and some have been using the same blade for 7-8 months. It all depends on how often you cut and the material you are cutting. Not sure what a miscut hanger is? Are the cuts not closing?

The hanger thing I guess would be not closing.  I didn't know what to call it.  It doesn't do on all of the cuts.  But it really sucks on a small decal with a lot of detail.  I am having a hard time keeping the material to track perfectly straight.  I figured this might be causing it.

With friction feed cutters there will be alittle drift, but should not be much as long as you line the material up as straight as possible. The cuts not closing would be a knife offset adjustment. Which cutting program are you using?

I am using signblazer.  I seen that offset setting but didnt mess with it yet. 

It doesn't do it all the time.  Just enough to be annoying.

If you found the knife offset then you can try different setting to try and resolve the issue when it comes up.

What does the knife offset do.  I saw it can be adjusted by .1 or .01 mm.  What so those adjustments do?

Not exactly sure what they do, but I know that by changing the settings it will solve the cuts not being closed.

I know this is Super OLD but i have the exact same cutter and am having the same exact issue of the cuts not finishing up all the way I spend a majority of my time weeding with an exacto knife finishing the cuts as i weed the vinyl out. I use VE LXi apprentice as my cutting program any advice would be amazing!!!

Have you adjusted your blade offset?  Also check and see if VE LXi apprentice,  has over cut in it. Try over cut.

I just found the blade offset and bumped it to .4 it seemed to help a little but theres still gaps also holes wear the blade is entering and leaving the cut on the vinyl. My blade is barely sticking out my downforce is set to 110 possibly to much? thinking backing it down just a tad to see if it helps also

on your ve-lxi there is a setting to add to the "overcut" - that will fix your problem with the little bits that hang on

ok i'm gonna try to find it now and see if it helps i'm guessing its gonna be in the advance section of the cutting options

David, also if you ever have any desire to move up to master plus call tiffany smith at SW - she will give you a killer deal on the upgrade and you will have the latest flexisign pro (without RIP)!

Ok sounds good honestly the cutter I'm using now is something a friend got in trade for a paint job on a car and was sitting in a box for the last 3 years and i asked him if i could use it for awhile its been good to learn on but everything is so outdated i was told it was bought new/used off ebay in late 2000 or early 2001. I'm hoping to either but a roland or a graphtec very soon just been deciding between the 2.

Well for anyone that is having issues with this cutter on mine i just selected the auto-weld and the autotrap and took the value down to .025. Then pulled my blade back a little bit i think i had it sticking out to much then bumped up my downforce to compensate for the less amount of blade and i just cut the decal in the pic and cut better than its ever cut before i'm beyond excited right now.

good to hear = and yeh that version is missing the 4th tab - use that machine to make the money for the upgrade!