Sign in to follow this  
Inkables

GRAPHTEC Craft Robo Pro "No Media" Error

I have been using my cutter quite a bit.  Tonight, I can't seem to get it to work properly.  I'm cutting the same vinyl that I have been cutting in the past.  For some reason, when I raise the lever, I push Enter, it is feeding a whole lot of vinyl through and then pulling it back out.  When I send my job to the cutter it feeds a whole lot of vinyl through once again and then it stops with the message "No Media", I'm only trying to cut 47 inches and that is actually shorter than I was cutting a couple nights ago.  I have tried different settings, Roll 1, Roll 2, Sheet.  When I used Sheet I was wasting too much vinyl so I switched to using the Roll 2 which I thought was only suppose to measure the width and then start cutting and I thought that is what is was doing a couple nights ago.  I have powered it down several times and I'm still having problems.  When it did start to cut it cut a few lines in the vinyl a few feet from the end and it stopped with the same error "No Media."  Any suggestions?

There is a hole on the back of the cutter that is a sensor to see if there is media or not.  When you get the error, the vinyl is probably not laying flat on top of the hole because of the vinyl not feeding properly.  Occasionally this will happen to me, but its usually just something up with the vinyl bunching up when the cutter feeds the vinyl backwards causing the vinyl to raise up in the back.  I just smooth the vinyl flat and hit enter and the cutter will go back to cutting.

There is a hole on the back of the cutter that is a sensor to see if there is media or not.  When you get the error, the vinyl is probably not laying flat on top of the hole because of the vinyl not feeding properly.  Occasionally this will happen to me, but its usually just something up with the vinyl bunching up when the cutter feeds the vinyl backwards causing the vinyl to raise up in the back.  I just smooth the vinyl flat and hit enter and the cutter will go back to cutting.

This is good advice. Most of the time when there is a measure/feeding issue with the Graphtec it is because the media is not being detected. Every once in a while on a CE-5000 you will get a "Missing Media" error, all you need to do is hit enter and the cutter will go along like nothing ever happened.

:thumbsup:

Good to hear. Please let us know if anything else goes wrong.