CRD

MANUAL FOR NEW BIE - HOW TO START FROM NOTHING TO YOUR FIRST CUT!

Ok, thanks for vinylracingdecals for putting the instruction manuel together.  I have printed it off and followed it step by step but still doesn't solve my problem. 

First off I called help desk a few weeks back because I was having problems getting it to my machine to cut.  I have a MH 721 and using a Dell Ispirion 1525 laptop connected by the USB cable.  I know this is not the best connection beut when I get finished sending my problem in I am going to hunt down a cable to see if it will connect with my laptop.

Anyways, when I called a few weeks ago I was getting an error when I hit the cut tile button that the "Can not open the output device.  Error intilizing cutter" message or it just sits there "Sending output to cutter" (nothing ever happens). I unplug the USB cable to make the program respond again. 

I have read and followed all the instructions on this web page and still not working.  Ready to just sell everything. 

I have hooked up a speaker wire to a screw underneath the cutter and run it to a screw in the stand.  Still nothing.

I have taken it off the stand and placed on a table.  Still nothing.

I have started the Sign Blazer program with and without the USB cable plugged in my computer.  Still no help.

Every once in a while it will start cutting fromt cut command but never finishes the design.

Last week I submitted a help ticket and they sent me an email with some solution but nothing has helped.  I was on hold last Monday calling them but walked in an it started cutting a sticker so  hung up.  Thought it was fixed.  Came in Thursday afternoon and needed to cut some iron on vinyl and started acting crazy again.  (Done my best to get all the static out of the iron on vinyl) but still has not fixed my problem. 

Does anyone have any solutions?

Please help. 

thanks

Kim

I think it is best to call USCutter & let them remotely take control of your computer  ( they are on the west coast as far as time zone ). I did this when I 1rst got my computer & was having some problems . My problem turned out to be a defective cable  .

thanks.  I am in the process of ordering one of those keyspan cables at this time.  If anyone thinks this will solve my problems let me know. 

thanks for all the help and advice that everyone shares on this forum.

Kim

YW , IF you have the option , it seems a serial to serial connection is always the most reliable .

You know what you have done and what not step by step follwoing the new bie manual.

So you say when using SBE it works and sometimes it does not.

Use the USB cable.

If you take a piece of A4 or Letter size paper and the plotter pen to start with an no vinyl.

Does this work always 100%?

Plot several times a small square of 5 x 5 cm.

Does this work all the time yes or no?

Paco

I'll check this this afternoon.  I hav taken my blade out but still have the vinyl rolling with design cut (when the machine cuts).  Took out the blade so I wouldn't waste vinyl.

Will let ya know this afternoon.

Kim

1st try

Ok.  Put paper in my cutter with marker.  Pluged up USB cable to computer.  Opened Signblazer, drew 5 x 5 square, clicked on cut, cut, cut tile,  got message saying 'Can not open out put device, Error intializing cutter'

2nd

from above, clicked ok on error box, unpluged USB, plugged back in, clicked finish, then went back to cut, cut tile and it drew it.

3rd time

from the cut screen, pressed cut, and cut tile again, the box came up saying sending to cutter but the blue progress bar never moves.

Program goes to (not responding)

Unplug USB to get program to respond. Plugged back in clicked cut, cut tile, in about 2 seconds it drew the square again.

tried the last two steps over and over.  It seemed to freeze up if I didn't unplug the UBS each time.  Sometimes it cut and somtimes it didn't. 

Does anyone think they may know a solution.  I have the keypan attachment ordered from dell.  Should be here Thursday.

thanks for any advice

Kim

great, just what I wanted to hear.  Tried my design again with slowing my cutter speed to 4 and still stopped in the middle of it. 

Can't wait 'til Thursday.

Kim

OK,

So there is connection but for some reason the USB driver and the program have a little problem to communicate.

It looks like the stream / flow control setting is not correct.

Have you made the flow control setting in driver and SBE to "HARDWARE" the same (page 7 of the newbie manual)?

Could you make a screenshot from both?

What operating system are you using?

http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm for the latest USB driver.

In case you like it to be solved sooner call US CUTTER.

I only have access to this forum once a day in my free riem after work! :-(

Regards, Paco

Ok, I will do that tonight.  I have access to the forum but am only with my cutter in the afternoon since I work a fulltime job (other than cutting). 

Thanks for your help

Oh, my computer has Vista.  I have downloaded the ftdchip USB driver, plugged in my machine and it recongized new hardware.  Went through the process and said it installed correctly. 

I will send those screen shots later.

thanks again

Kim

Kim,

Screenshots look good concerning settings.

Do you have an other PC around which you can try the cutter on with same cable, driver and SBE?

Paco

I'm back. 

First off I got my keyspan in the mail today  :thumbsup:  Before I started l to load signblazer on my other computer I thought I would give it a try. 

Took it out of the package, put in the CD to install the driver.  Good so far.  Driver installed.  Instructions said to plug USB into computer first.  Did that.  Then attach the keyspan part, did that.  Then tried to plug it into my machine.  The end was wrong :thumbsup:  Started reading in the instructions again about may have to buy an adapter to plug into the equipment.  Well ******. 

Ok, so I get over this and think I'll try just the cord because it looked like the same one I already had and plugged up like the one I had. 

Guess what, it has worked on every cut.  I did cut one design then cut a second one without even having to unplug the USB from my computer.  I cut some more then tried to cut the same thing without uplugging it didn't work this time but when I unplugged and plugged back in worked again.  I think I have found my solution to my problem.  I will however get the adapter for my COM port but for now I can cut. :) :) :) :) :)

thanks for your help and time Paco.  When all else fails replace the cord. 

I'll keep you posted if for some reason I have any more problems.

Kim

Kim,

The keyspan has an USB side and a 9 pin seriel side on the cable.

The USB needs to go into the Laptop it is a flat rectangle USB plug.

The 9 pin serial side needs to go into the seriel port of the plotter/cutter.

Do not know if your MH machine has an serial port.

I understand that with an other USB cable the problems are solved?

There should be no need to disconnect the USB to get teh machine plotting.

Paco

I'm back.  

First off I got my keyspan in the mail today  :thumbsup:  Before I started l to load signblazer on my other computer I thought I would give it a try.  

Took it out of the package, put in the CD to install the driver.  Good so far.  Driver installed.  Instructions said to plug USB into computer first.  Did that.  Then attach the keyspan part, did that.  Then tried to plug it into my machine.  The end was wrong :thumbsup:  Started reading in the instructions again about may have to buy an adapter to plug into the equipment.  Well ******.  

Ok, so I get over this and think I'll try just the cord because it looked like the same one I already had and plugged up like the one I had.  

Guess what, it has worked on every cut.  I did cut one design then cut a second one without even having to unplug the USB from my computer.  I cut some more then tried to cut the same thing without uplugging it didn't work this time but when I unplugged and plugged back in worked again.  I think I have found my solution to my problem.  I will however get the adapter for my COM port but for now I can cut. :) :) :) :) :)

thanks for your help and time Paco.  When all else fails replace the cord.  

I'll keep you posted if for some reason I have any more problems.

Kim

something else you should be doing is, turning off or unplugging between several cuts. Or else you are just putting data on top of data and filling up the memory and then running out of memory. which will cause this also.  Those cutters don't have much memory.

Paco,

I will send you pics of the ends of the keyspan adapter and my machine. 

Hopefully it keeps working.

Kim 

most people hook the Keyspan adapter USB end to their computer, then hook the end of the keyspan to the serial cable you get with your cutter, then to the cutter.

Speedoggy,

As soon as the job is finished the memory should be cleared.

Do not know if the MH machine has different working concerning memory clearance

If you send a simple 5 x 5 cm square the memory may not be filled that much.

I know someone else also bought a keyspan and was confused buy the way the connectors on the keyspan.

Paco

Speedoggy,

As soon as the job is finished the memory should be cleared.

Do not know if the MH machine has different working concerning memory clearance

If you send a simple 5 x 5 cm square the memory may not be filled that much.

I know someone else also bought a keyspan and was confused buy the way the connectors on the keyspan.

Paco

some people purchase chips and upgrade them.  on the Refines.   I personally dump mine every time. But I do very large graphics  10-16 ft long. Some of these people are doing smaller stuff.  

yes, you should be able to connect the serial cable you got with your cutter to it. then to your cutter.  Keyspan to your computer, then serial cable to keyspan, serial cable  to your cutter.