KillaGorilla

Flexi 7.6 Driver Limitations

i have both a mh1351 and a mh 721, i also have flexi 7.6 and when i hook the plotters up they work great with the standardized roland pnc1000 drivers. with exception that that driver is apparently written for a plotter with a maximum cutable size of 18.5" x 62" as it will not let me cut or even adjust the size wider then that, and therfore i am stuck with a 24 and 50 inch cutter that will not do more then 18.5 wide without creating a new tile. is there a different roland model driver to choose or a setting i can change, please let me know this is annoying.

With my version of Flexi, you can change the Material to user defined and then make the value larger.

Guest fivestar

Yup mine will let me adjust it to whatever size too.  Just like Ken said and I am using the exact driver you are.

Mine too... But i have 7.5

In your cut plot box of productions manager, just click on user define and set it that way

Mine allows me to go higher or lower using the PNC 1000, maybe it is a problem with your copy of Flexi.

appreciate the picture tater, it does allow me to adjust size from that location and seems to be working fine for both cutters. the production manager itself under settings for plot/cut is still locked and not adjustable upwards. not sure why it would allow adjustment one place and not the other, but even though it has to be manually adjusted for each thing i cut out, it is working and thanks for all the work.

Ok, well, I really didnt think that there was a demand for this... But... I had a bit of free time so I went ahead and made a driver for the Refine for Flexi...

This defaults to 24 inches or so in width, compared to the 18.5 inch with the PNC1000 driver...

Also allows you to change the width upwards in the JOB DEFAULTS SCREEN to a max of 999...

This is a test version I suppose, I have tested it with Flexi 7.5 and it worked flawlessly...

Could some other people test this out???

Like I said, It defaults at 24 inches or so.... If there are no issues, I can add setups for other size cutters besides the MH721 which is about 24 or 25 wide...

So... I have attached the file... To install follow these directions...

Close Flexi and Production Manager...

Extract or copy the CSM file to your OutPut drivers folder... Normally found in C:Program FilesFlexiOutputDrivers

Open production manager, click add setup...

on the left, select refine, and then on the right, select the only one avaliable... MH Series...

Click next, then next again...  now, select your port that you are using...

Click finish... and it should be added now...

Now, make your ROLAND driver inactive by removing the check mark next to it...

Now here, if something goes wild or for some reason it dont work, you can always delete the REFINE and go back to the ROLAND by checking it....

This should work as its based on the setup configuration from the PNC1000

Please post feedback as working or not... thanks...

refine.zip

refine.zip

tater,see attached pic of what I get when I attempt to add a setup. It appears that my version of Flexi is tied to the plotter and ONLY to the plotter,

Yeah... Its probably an OEM addition... Like signblazer only comes with drivers for US Cutters and stuff...

Guest fivestar

It works great here Tater, thnx a bunch as this will help me from having to change the 18.5 all the time.

Hey Guys,

Been reading up on the driver situation.  Just got a laserpiont 48 and having similar problems getting the correct setup.  I have Flexi 7.5 and have tried both Creation and Roland setups.  Both communicate with the cutter, but cuts random patterns and not what I am exporting.  Any suggestions?

Gcox,

I am using The CTN-630 (I guess you would use ctn-1200) driver from uscutter (which is the same as the one that came in Flex 7.6) and turned off the knife offset option mine now will cut 1/8 inch old english letters fine so I would imagine it will work for what you want. I have a laserpoint 24

Gcox,

I am using The CTN-630 (I guess you would use ctn-1200) driver from uscutter (which is the same as the one that came in Flex 7.6) and turned off the knife offset option mine now will cut 1/8 inch old english letters fine so I would imagine it will work for what you want. I have a laserpoint 24

Either that or the CT-1200, but not the Roland driver.

Definately No ROLAND  ;D Driver Man, what a mess!  Switched back to CTn-630 real quick

I have a copy of 7.62 and was wondering what driver I should use when installing it, actually it is looking for a profile from a cutter...

thanks

WAyne

Guest Terry

I quess it depends on the cutter you have... But I use the pnc-1000 driver with the Refine cutter.

I quess it depends on the cutter you have... But I use the pnc-1000 driver with the Refine cutter.

for the laserpoint 24"

Wayne

Hello now I am using the plotter with Flexisign 7 only to cut.

But I have a problem to use the laserpoint because I don't know how to use signblazer.

-Can I prepare the file with example Flexisign or Illustrator cs2 or coreldraw 10?

For the press of the images for the countourning cut now I use Flexisign because It has a good rip for print but where I put the crocinis of press?

please help me with a manulas

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!