Sign in to follow this  
ainakeaboy

Rim stripe

Hey there , I was wondering if anyone has a wheel stripe vector for a 17 inch motorcycle rim ? Or can anyone customize one for me ? Any help on how to do this would be appreciated.thanks

Just a single stripe? Wouldn't it be easier to use a straight piece and curve it around the wheel?

At 1/4" wide(typically width for rime tape), the material will "bend" enough to follow the rim around... no need to cut a curve, just cut a long narrow rectangle and apply! :huh:

pin striping tape is cheap and the thing for this job at the automotive parts store

This is what i'm looking for also..

Rim tape is no good, you need a circle cut into quarters.

I've tried vectorizing one but i just can't get the circular shape right..

They need to come out like this:

Rim%20Accent%20Stickers%201a.jpg

i use signblazer.

there is a specific tool to make "hollow circles" just make one, go to the properties, set the diameter to 17" inner diameter to 16.5" that will give you a full circle in under 2 min. at that point, you could always just delete part of th circle to make 1/4 curves if needed.

Really easy to do with the circle tool in CorelDraw.

The arc function in the circle tool is the key.....just a hint....

I don't have either signblazer or coreldraw..

I've got Flexisign pro & illustrator, both i can't seem to draw a hollow circle... :huh:

Most things i pick up easy, this one that should be simple has got me stumped... :(

I don't have either signblazer or coreldraw..

I've got Flexisign pro & illustrator, both i can't seem to draw a hollow circle... :huh:

Most things i pick up easy, this one that should be simple has got me stumped... :(

in illustrator it is pretty simple. make a circle and create a stroke thickness that is as thick as you'll want the stripe. once you've got it, go to object > path > outline stroke. it will create paths at the edges of the stroke. done.

Remember to click wire frame for ease of dealing with the editing of the circles. Makes it alot easier.