Sign in to follow this  
wdcisco

Best Place to buy Banners?

Where is the best place to buy banners?..and by 'best' I mean cheapest  :thumbsup:

I need them to be finished w/ gromets and hemmed

50 cents a square foot,hemmed and grommeted...

jomark5@sbcglobal.net

he does white only though. I have been dealing with him for over 3 years with never a problem.

I also bought from John's friend on his suggestion. The difference in his banners and some others I bought from ebay was unbelievable. His banners were packaged well and didn't have "kinks" in them when I used them. The others I bought are pretty well unusable they have so many kinks in them. You'll be very happy with these banners.Sandy

Thanks I sent him an email - ordering over 100 banners, so hoping for a nice discount.

Someone is willing to sell me their wrinkly, bottom-of-the-stack banners for a deeply discounted price.

How hard is it to 'iron' out the wrinkliness?

Thanks I sent him an email - ordering over 100 banners, so hoping for a nice discount.

Someone is willing to sell me their wrinkly, bottom-of-the-stack banners for a deeply discounted price.

I just hit the wrinkles with a heat gun from about 12-15" away and use a rubber roller I have to roll them out.

Are these standard 13" banners, John?

I just hit the wrinkles with a heat gun from about 12-15" away and use a rubber roller I have to roll them out.

Are these standard 13" banners, John?

13oz,gloss one side.

I also use Johns guy for some white banners!  They are great quality.

I don't mind the 10oz for short term banners either though.

I don't know about all banners with kinks, but even using a hair dryer for several,several minutes, I couldn't get all the kinks out. Not worth the money you save even if you get a good deal I don't think. I put way too much time into working with them. Sandy

I've actually spoken to those people who ship banners rolled individually and they end up with kinks. I have explained to them how to ship to avoid the kinks. They do not listen.This is why I stick with Mark.

I actually laid one of those kinked banners across the hood of my truck in summer when the hood was hot enough to fry an egg on. Didn't take the kinks out after half a day in the blazing sun.

Doesn't the kinks also have to do with the kind of banner material? 

I mean some of the 'blue tarp' stuff I had purchased once, was the worst as far as the getting the kinks out.

Well - Mark wants $1700 for my order w/ shipping.

If I order the ones w/ the 'kinks' I will save over $1k.

I like the kinks.  :thumbsup:

What size banners were you ordering?  Just curious.

$17/banner sounds like a darn good price, cause didn't you have him quote 100?

15 (4x10) 15 (4x12) 50 (3x8) 35 (3x10)

grommeted & hemmed 13 oz

Gonna order a few at first to make sure it's possible to dekinklatize them.

I ordered some from a ebay store that individually rolled with a rubber band around the banner. Out of 5 banners, only 1 was usable... well, they were all usable, but I wasn't about to give a customer a wrinkled banner. I tried using a hairdryer, an iron, and laying them in the sun... wrinkles never came out.

You're going to get what you pay for, in the end.

you got a good deal from Mark...$1700 with shipping comes out to less than 50 cents a square foot.

By the time you try and use those kinked banners...you will see how much of a good deal you got. Unless you get all of the kinks out they won't lie flat and they will be a major pain in the butt o do.

Believe me, I know what I am talking about. I tried to save some money like that once too. NEVER AGAIN. My time is worth something.

I know you will love the banners by Mark...hands down!

John it's not just your time that needs to be a concern, but your reputation!! 

Guest fivestar

Mark is also the only place I order my white banners from.  I don't even "price shop" for them anymore, since his banners are always so nice.

Alright guys - I agree w/ the 'you get what you pay for' saying - so I'm going to buy a few banners from each distributer and see how they look - and how krinkly they are.

I'll even post pictures.  :thumbsup: