What brand do you prefer?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What brand do you prefer?

• Multi Cut
    • Thermo Flex
    • Spectra Eco
    • Siser Easy Weed
    • Other

Just trying to get an idea of what everyone likes to use... each member has the option of voting up to two times. Thanks for taking the time to view this poll.

Guest fivestar

I'm a multicut first (since it's 20" wide) then a Siser Easyweed

We just got our heat press and only have samples of thermo flex. So far I like it, but white is a big pain to weed I can't see where it is cut:(

Guest sciondrgn

lol I was actually going to post something like this.. I see everyone using a wide variety of different materials and prices are all very close to each other so which is best..

I got a roll of spectra eco and I really like it plus imprintables sent me a ring with color chips on it which is nice.. The First 2 rolls I bought was Easyweed though

Siser easy weed is the only one I have used. I'm new and just beginning though. I really like how it turned out. Most likely will stick with it.

Siser ezweed for me too, I have some other stuff I had bought because it was on sale but it feels like plastic and i have no clue how to use it! It says to remove the "film" before cutting but I'm not sure i know what that means.....So I have stuck to ezweed....lol

Renee

MY PREFERENCE IS ECO FILM FROM IMPRINTABLES, BUT I USE THERMOFLEX BECAUSE OF CONVIENCE.

ECO FILM IS PHENOMENAL!

Guest fivestar

MY PREFERENCE IS ECO FILM FROM IMPRINTABLES, BUT I USE THERMOFLEX BECAUSE OF CONVIENCE.

ECO FILM IS PHENOMENAL!

Oh CAP LOCK it so I see it huh nona?  :thumbsup:;D ;D Let me cap lock it too...... ECO FILM IS IDENTICAL TO SISER'S EASWEED.  ;D ;D ;D

Guest fivestar

LMAO! that is too funny. and no it's not. easy weed is shiny finish and eco is matte. lol

Wanna bet?  :thumbsup:;D ;D

You would like to kick my @$$ wouln't you.  ;D ;D ;D

LMAO! that is too funny. and no it's not. easy weed is shiny finish and eco is matte. lol

u know me to well. lmao! and i'm gonna when i meet ya next week.

Guest fivestar

u know me to well. lmao! and i'm gonna when i meet ya next week.

You're coming up here to meet me next week?  Lemmie know when so I can clean the house up.  ;D ;D ;D

I voted other. Ive been using  Fibron from Fellers. I really like it compared to some spectra cut II I bought, (the spectra cut is a PITA to get the film off after its pressed.)

Guest fivestar

Thermoflex plus is a little thicker, but it's more durable in some cases.  It is great for doing single layers, but once you start doing multilayers it gets thick.

I get Thermoflex from Stahls Cutme, because it is local.

I'm w Nona, I like Spectra Eco the best. But after seeing a sample of Siser I wouldn't be opposed to using it. Seems to have the same hand but I'll have to check the shiny vs matte.

Thermoflex plus is a little thicker, but it's more durable in some cases.  It is great for doing single layers, but once you start doing multilayers it gets thick.

that's why it is better to "punch through" all of your colors.

bb

Guest fivestar

Until the "shrink" factor comes into play and they don't line up perfectly. :)

Until the "shrink" factor comes into play and they don't line up perfectly. :)

everything has a trade off. the multi cut i am using seems to "tent" quite a bit when cutting in the material feed direction. that in itself is enough to cause serious headaches. do any of you notice much "tenting" with what you are using?

bb

Guest fivestar

I don't understand what "tenting" is.  I use multicut and have no problems at all with it.

I've never had "tenting" either. Are you saying it happens while cutting? Could the blade be dull, out too far, or speed too fast?

Five, I know I have experienced shrinkage with thermo too but at a GGG seminar recently was told there is no shrinkage. You have also exp this? Was kinda surprised, he said you could actually place theroflex and press each layer for the full amt of time and not have a shrinkage problem. I think I'll keep doing it as I have in the past.