Rodger

Gasket cutting software

Mike , I forgot your member name . I did get the info . My buddy gets it from " Gaskets on Demand "  . He was not in , the secretary told me , but was too busy to get the contact info , but you can probably find them online . If not , let me know & I'll try some more .

Rodger

http://www.gasketsondemand.com

thats very cool, I would love to get a .eps file full of gaskets...

it would be easy to do if you had the gasket and just wanted to make a copy, just scan, trace and cut...

really cool idea.

Wayne

p.s. you can actually put some BS info in there and it will let you download the gasket :thumbsup:

Wayne , You a motorcycle person also ? I'm into dirt bike riding & sport bikes . No Hardleys for me :thumbsup:

Rodger, Yeah no hardleys for me either,  I have been riding since I was 16 when I bought my first sport bike 1985 900 Ninja when I spent the money on it and then couldn't afford to buy a car too. I didn't get my car license till I was 18 so I could buy a car to get to college. I drove my ninja through 2 Canadian, Niagara Falls winters, snow, slush, bald tire  on the back.

Normal people would judge whether their tires needed replacing by looking to see if the tread was low and down to the wear bars. I used to judge my tires were ready to replace by which layer of cords were showing , loloololol. I was a die hard and a cheap ass die hard

so I had the Ninja, then

1985 RZ500

1987 EX500 after the RZ500's engine ceased

1984 RD350

1985 GSXR750

1986 GSXR1100

1986 RG500

1987s YSR50 x 3

1988 YSR80

The 1100s gasket sets were $120 and damn I could have saved myself a lot of cash

Now that I am 40ish I think I'm gonna switch from bikes to VW busses, my reflexes arent that great anymore to watch out for cars trying to run me over.

What do you ride?

Im not sure what to do with these gaskets once I download though, maybe I can just change the extension to .eps?:thumbsup:

import into SB :huh:

Wayne

bikes i've owned include(withg more to come soon)

1996 gsxr 600(1st bike in 1999 when i was 24)

2001 gsxr 750

2003 gsxr 600(traded in my 750 for my 1st race bike)

2001 honda cr125(1st dirt bike in 2003)

2004 honda vtx 1300(1st cruiser)

2002 gsxr 1k(team endurance bike)

2004 aprilia rs50(mini racing, ate those ysr's up)

2003 gsxr 750(team endurance bike)

2005 zx-6rr(race)

2004 yzf250(hare scramble race dirt bike)

soon to come

2008 ktm 4 stroke

2006ish or newer honda crf 450(super motard road race)

BTW... nice site, thanks for taking the time to find the info and sharing the link!

WOW Wayne ,

A RZ 500 & a Suzuki Gamma .  Now tell me Melanie Griffith was your girlfriend while she made Cherry 2000 & the secretary  movie with Harrison Ford & you wll be my COMPLETE HERO !!! .

This is going to be fun . I'm heading to my farm , so after they roll the sidewalks up @ 5 .I'll have some time & I'll make a list like you & FMod did . Mayby I'm not as old as I thought .. this talk about Motorcycles has me excited .. well I think thoughts of Melanie Griffith helps  :)

lol, no sorry to disappoint you. hahahaaha... NO Melanie Griffith, even though I still had a lot of fun with the bikes.

I usually get a "what the hell is that" from most people (mainly cause most of the people I know are from the US and as you know the bikes were never offered here.) The RG was most recent, but it was falling apart so I sold it when I moved here to the states. I really want to get another cause it really was the nicest bike I have owned and the MOST bang for any bucks, cant really compare it to any 4 stroke ever I have ever owned because you just cant. You are riding along at what you think it a good clip cause all 2 strokers have great low end,  then god help you, you hit the powerband around 8k under descent throttle and the thing just takes off on you...  If you are lucky you hold on for the ride, hahaha. same really with the RZ it really scared the shit outta me the first time I REALLY took it out, I was thinking HOW the is this possible?:huh: Only problem with the RZ was that it was heavy, the frame was made of steel, which was surprising for 1985... who knows what they were thinking.

Definately wanna see your list! Motorcycles have been a big part of my life and in the early days my ONLY transportation and I love talking about them..

lol, no sorry to disappoint you. hahahaaha... NO Melanie Griffith, even though I still had a lot of fun with the bikes.

Definately wanna see your list! Motorcycles have been a big part of my life and in the early days my ONLY transportation and I love talking about them..

Motorcycles have been a BIG part of my life . My wife told me to put something exciting between my legs & off i went to the Honda dealer ...... :P

Harley Davidson 125 Rapido ; H-D labeled Benelli 125cc Rapido , I learned how to change pistons with that POS

Honda CL 350

1973 Kawasaki 100 G-4 10 speed  5 speed with hi-low went thru swamps with that 1

1974 Honda XL 250

1974 CB360T Disc brake on the front ye-ha 14.6 1/4 mile & won more money with that bike than I paid for it ( the real drag bike guys hated me .. which cracked me up  :P )

GPZ 550

1983 VFR 750

1986 VFR 500

CB900F

CB1100F

600 hurricane

1992 600 F-2

FZR 1000 stock

FZR 1000 drag bike 9.6

GS 1150

GS1100 drag bike

86 GSXR 1100 with Sims & Rohm 1452 cc kit ( MC magazine 1990 monster bike shoot-out contestant )

gsx 600

Kawk H-1

Kawk H-2 drag bike 9.7

yz250F hardest bike ever to start .. very bad coming from someone who owns a CR500

XR600

XR 250

XR 200

XT 225

CM400 dirt dargger that went 12.6 in 1/4

are the bikes I don't have that were personal , I have bought & sold motorcycles alot

the bikes I have kept & have ;

2001 R1

2004 R6

86 CR 500

87 CR 500

92 CR 250

05 KX 250

KX 125

CR 125

86 XL 250 with 85 jug that makes it 280cc

03 CR450F

Rokon 340

I did alot of asphalt 1/4 mile drag racing . Did some enduro's . some MX , I still do dirt-drags which are a blast & more fun than work .

When I raced W.E.R.A. 1 team had a gamma , never was that fast UNTIL 1 tuner was hired... was racing Team Hammer for the over-all then . I know a guy who has a RZ 500 , when it was stock ( WAY overjetted , I could top it with my 900F , after pipes & jetting  , WOW )

damn, Thats one hell of a list!!!

I forgot I did have a 600 Hurricane too, lol

oh yeah also a Honda CM400E, hehehehe

also cant forget my brothers and my first bike 1973 Suzuki RM50, also the first and last bike went over backwards on cause I was learning to ride :rolleyes:

I've had a few Huffys and a Mongoose.... The front tire could use a new tube. Oh....not that kind of bike.... :rolleyes:

I had a Suzuki GT-500 and a Kawasaki KH-500, both in my much younger days.  I now would rather walk than ride a motorcycle, after being run over by a couple of cars, it kind of takes the fun out of it.  And having a few friends die, doesn't help either.

D

I would love to have either or both of those motorcycles . I am looking for a smoker for the street . A set of expansion chambers & some Klotz , then Rodger will be a happy guy .

I understand your fear of Motorcycles . Motorcycles are very dangerous , That is proably the biggest part of the alure . I dream about dieing on a motorcycle going over 170 mph ( fastest I've been so-far ) into a bridge etc , RATHER than in a hospital bed .

there is a long story about a man who never drank , smoked , did anything dangerous or chancy , when he died the insurance co denied coverage .. they said " since he never " Lived " he never died .

Rodger, Yeah no hardleys for me either,  I have been riding since I was 16 when I bought my first sport bike 1985 900 Ninja when I spent the money on it and then couldn't afford to buy a car too. I didn't get my car license till I was 18 so I could buy a car to get to college. I drove my ninja through 2 Canadian, Niagara Falls winters, snow, slush, bald tire  on the back.

Normal people would judge whether their tires needed replacing by looking to see if the tread was low and down to the wear bars. I used to judge my tires were ready to replace by which layer of cords were showing , loloololol. I was a die hard and a cheap ass die hard

so I had the Ninja, then

1985 RZ500

1987 EX500 after the RZ500's engine ceased

1984 RD350

1985 GSXR750

1986 GSXR1100

1986 RG500

1987s YSR50 x 3

1988 YSR80

The 1100s gasket sets were $120 and damn I could have saved myself a lot of cash

Now that I am 40ish I think I'm gonna switch from bikes to VW busses, my reflexes arent that great anymore to watch out for cars trying to run me over.

What do you ride?

Im not sure what to do with these gaskets once I download though, maybe I can just change the extension to .eps?:thumbsup:

import into SB :huh:

Wayne

gasket cutter machine

Anyone done any gaskets ? What materials are safe to cut ? Where to get sheets of said materials (UK)? Rebuilding a professional compressor given to me for free (standard 10BAR). Checked prices for gasket kits and near shattered my jaw at the floor - near 400 quid for service kit. Nope… Need to figure out how to diy them.

not sure on regular gasket material but the fc9000 did cut some 3/16" thick rubber this summer to make a new seal for a flip style gas cap on my 65 mustang  - rubber was no longer available for the Shelby style flip cap so had to redraw it in Graphtec pro studio and cut it on the graphtec using the red cap holder and same blade I use for thick sandblast resist.   get er done in the end.  

• Like 1