Sign in to follow this  
su-z-q

Hello! From Washington State

Hi There! :happy10:

I'm new here, so thought I'd stop to introduce myself! I have a small screenprint and embroidery business and want to add a vinyl cutter. I'm considering purchasing the MH721 (24" cutter) as it looks like a pretty good deal for the money. I'm not new to cad machines  or vinyl cutting, but I haven't owned a US Cutter machine yet. As far as Software goes, we have Adobe CS2, Corel X3, and Macromedia Freehand programs. So, I think I'll probably just lay out my designs in one of these programs, then convert it to whatever file extension the machine will need to cut from. Can anyone tell me if the machine cuts direct from an .eps file? Or do I need to save it as another extension? Just curious and I do  appreciate advice if you know.

After reading some of the posts here, I'm a bit concerned about the problems some of the machine useres were having with the the USB connection direct from computer to plotter.  I really want to use my USB connection if I do hook up to my computer, has the problem been cleared up yet?

If all else fails, I was hoping to be able to load the file onto a USB thumb drive and walk it over to the plotter to read the file, would that work?

Thanks!

Sue

The majority of our Refines work good on the USB connection, and a few have had USB issues, it depends on the computer you are hooking it up to.

The cutting software reads .eps or .ai format vectorized files. You could load your file on a thumb drive then bring it to the computer the cutter is hooked up to and open it with the cutting software to cut out.

Welcome to our forums!

;D

Hi Ken,

Thanks for answering my questions here and also over the phone, you have been great! Can't wait to pick up my cutter!

Sue