designed

clear transfer tapes.

I made my first 8'x4' banner today and I had bought the clear rtape for a wet application.  To the new person like I was not sure what to do.  By something else other than clear rtape for a wet application.  I use to think it was the best stuff made NOT.  It holds the water in REAL REAL good you could not find a better tape to hold water in I think?  You cannot really even squeegee it out it seems the sticky stuff hold the water in behind the tape.  I had bought some perfect tear it was like night and day in differance between the two.  The perfect tear comes off easy and nicely with no guey mess at all and way if a new person reads this maybe he can save the time and do it right the first time.  I wish I was not told to use the clear......  We learn where to get good info at also you will be surprised what others tell you to use . :'(

I use the regular paper tape for any wet application. I don't use a wet apply for banners though. Not really needed and can make more of a mess than anything.

I must not know how to do them then because doing an 8' x 4' banner for me would be like holding a gun to my head knowing that chamber has a bullet in it  :D  After that banner I don't think I would ever want to try it dry thats for sure.  for those who do it dry your a lot better than I would ever be that is for sure.  I know I could not even come close to trying it and wouldn't.  The other plain rtape I did try it is guey and don't come off well after getting it wet.

Guest sciondrgn

Use Clear Tape for Dry Applications Only, Paper tape will allow the the app fluid to soak through and let you squeegee out the excess where the clear will just hold it in.

Also the couple banners I have done I did dry using the hinge method and it turned out great!

I prefer perfecttear...I have a 6" wide roll of clear for small car decals...Sometimes I use the clear at the bottom of the text (and paper for the rest)...This helps me line up/mount the text straight when dry applying...

Ya I learned perfect tear is something a lot of people use I learned why.  It is good stuff :)

yep!  I see it is easy dry.....  What are the down falls to doing it wet besides messy?  I like the dry method for sure :)