Sign in to follow this  
Guest TracMatt

Flexi and LP24 line cutting through vinyl

Guest TracMatt

I am using Flexi and I have an LP24.  About every other time I cut the cutter cuts through the entire design diagonally and wastes all the vinyl in that cut.

Anyone have any ideas why?

Thanks,

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

Yes.  New one from computer store.

Tracee

I've had this happen to me is when I used 24" vinyl on my Copam, serial connection, using SBE.  Other combinations of vinyl size and software did not do that (SBE seemed to be the issue in my case).  I use only Flexi to cut now and don't experience that issue with any vinyl sizes. Never did figure out what caused it to do that.  Probably some setting or issue within the software.

When using Flexi, does it do this with any size vinyl roll?

Guest TracMatt

Yes, any size.  But intermittent, anotherwards if I cut out two now they would be okay, but then the next two it will do it.  Cuts straight across the vinyl diagonally ruining the whole design.  Only flexi, didn't do it with SBE but I had tons of other problems with SBE so I don't use it now.

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

lol no I just finally got mad about it to tell you the truth.  Been using Flexi for about 4 months now.  CT-630 I think is what you are asking me about the driver?;)

Thanks Cyber,

Tracee

Ken or Levi, do you guys know if the CT-630 is the compatible Flexi setting for the LP24?  I don't have an LP24 to test, but it could be some incompatibility there.

Yes, when i setup a LP with Flexi, I select the Creation PCut CT630 DMPL.

Guest TracMatt

So is it the USB?  Has anyone else ever reported this problem before?

Tracee

Yes, the most common setup configuration when I hear of this issue, is USB connections and laptops.

Do you have the option to use the 9-pin Serial instead?

Guest TracMatt

Yes I believe so if I had a cable ;)

Guess I will have to go purchase one.  Thanks for the help.  I will try that and let yall know.

Tracee

If the LP has a 9-pin Serial port on it, it should have come with a cable for that connection.

Guest TracMatt

Oh lord really?  That was like 6 months ago lol.  I'll look around though.  Probably one of those things I had no idea what to use it for and stored it some place LOL.

I'll look around for it.  Then what do I changed my flexi options to?

Tracee

Just unplug the USB cable, plug in the Serial cable, and set the port to COM1 in Flexi.

Guest TracMatt

Well I found the cord and it did not work.  Says can not open port no matter what I change the settings to.  I always set them to match in both the software and the device manager and still nada.  Back to the usb I guess for now. ;)

Tracee

Send me a PM with your phone number, and I will phone you to walk through configuring the Serial cable and port.

Guest TracMatt

Okay Ken will do when I'm not up to my knees in orders ;)

Thanks,

Tracee

Any results on this?  I am getting the same symptoms.  (line cutting through vinyl)  Is serial connection suppose to be more reliable?  Also, why does the cutter pause sometimes, as if it is going to lock up and then continue cutting.  Is this the buffer filling up?  Anyway, would love to hear the results on the line cutting issue. 

Thanks!

-Matt

I do not remember if we got this resolved or not, but yes, the 9-pin Serial cable is much more stable, so use it if at all possible.

I know It's a little late to post this, but it sounds like the software isn't sending a "pen up" instruction at end of design. Hope this helps someone one the future.