All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. haumana

MAC not compatible? Plz help

You're fairly limited as to which cutter you can get from USC with your budget. I'd recommend the SC 2 28". It's dual platform friendly, and it's better than the MH. Cutters will only cut vector. Like Skeeter said, you can download the trials on the PC platform and see if that'll work for you. I think SCAL might also have a trial version for your Mac. Either way, the cutter has pretty low system requirements, so you don't need anything state-of-the-art to run the software or machine. Totally free is Sign Blazer Elements for PC. Another alternative is to Bootcamp/VM Fusion/Parallels the Mac if you prefer the PC software, but need to run it on your Mac machine. It will work.
  3. MZ SKEETER

MAC not compatible? Plz help

The SC2 with Sure Cuts A Lot Software will work with a Mac. You have to choose Sure Cuts A Lot from the drop down box for software. https://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-SC2-Series-Vinyl-Cutter Lose the word "printer" when referring to a vinyl cutter/plotter.. There is no ink to "print." You can download and try a trial of Sure Cuts a Lot Or Vinyl Master for PC. You choose which one you would like. They are vector software.
  4. Ws going on guys if someone could help me out would be a blessing, im a graphic designer & finally would like to get into vinyl cutting but none that im interested in are compatible with my Mac desktop Are they any????? if not i have an old HP lap top i can use but doesn’t have illustrator do any printers come with software that will be similar to illustrator creating outlines & vectors ???? & if so WHAT PRINTER PPL If possible a cutter thats 250$, 500$ Price range im just trying to be a little more hands im not making 500 shirts a day ppl Thank u so much who ever reads this and if anyone has answers or any type of help plz feel free
  5. Yesterday
  6. security802

new prismcut plotter announced by uscutter

I think there might some confusion for people if they google and get the other company's website. I had to look twice to see why they were emailing us with a new cutter offer...
  7. Dakotagrafx

do you think the name will cause confusion with the prismjets?
  8. security802

It also does some engraving, so that might be a plus to do light engraving on trophy plates or dog tags... not sure on that tho, would need to see how well it does. I have to laugh tho it has MOOD lighting leds....
  9. security802

Price is in line with other "precision" Stepper cutters like the Graphtec CE Lite-50 20" cutter. The new Silhouette Came 4 20" that is coming in Jan. Thinking that the WIFI option would be good, but I would be leary of using it until Sure it was rock solid sstable. Not sure what we will be getting to back up our Titan 2 when the work load gets heavy cutting HTV, but know we need to add a second cutter, but do not have the room for another Titan 2 and the Table top Titan 3 limits us 15" rolls.... So will be watching closely to see what way we should go
  10. Dakotagrafx

usually we get someone from the company that pops in on new announcements - -
  11. Thank You for input but I don't see how is Your answer related to my issue? Units (cm, inch) are irrelevant here - tested it. Firmware version is irrelevant too - I did it only as attempt to eliminate this problem but it didn't change anything. There are three options in Media Size section: - "default preset" which is also too big and is independent from plotter and pretty much useless - "user defined" where I can input correct settings manually but it's cumbersome. - small button with "?" which should read dimensions from plotter. And It kind of DOES - numbers are correct but units are messed up. (don't assume what functions are "default" if You don't know the program). - FINALLY - as I mentioned - I'm working in Corel Draw. I don't need another sign making software. So Anyone else? Cutting Master users maybe?
  12. couple of questions for the group is the name too close and will cause confusion with SW PrismJet Printers? my first thought is that will cause more people to look up prism anything and might drive sales of SW cheap printers . . . . What is your thoughts on this price for a stepper motor cutter - will the wifi drive the sales for that price? Do you think the WIFI will be stable? if so I think the idea of a wifi plotter would be good - thoughts, etc???? https://www.uscutter.com/P28-PrismCut-Vinyl-Cutter-with-WiFi-Design-Cut-Software
  13. I can't believe I am saying this but - - - I ordered my second roll of clear greenstar a couple of months ago - I get a long time out of it because only one niche decal I sell uses clear but I was pretty happy with it.
  14. Maybe not all suppliers are sold out of it yet. Check other suppliers, ask before you buy it. Stock up for awhile until you find another product. I see some sellers still have it.
  15. Guys, I’m distraught...ok, maybe just a bit bummed because I found a clear transfer tape that worked great for the release liner on 5100 and was clear which is what my customers want in my niche. But...R-Tape changed it up to some textured opaque thing in their 75.1. What Elise is out there that is high tack and clear and will work to stick to the release liner for transportation purposes?
  16. Hi there! I have very uncommon problem with my setup - not sure if it's plotter or software oriented. THE SETUP: Plotter is Graphtec FC7000-100 with latest firmware 2.10 GL - updated just recently, but problem occurred with previous version too. Set as GP-GL. Connected via USB. Windows 7, Cutting Master 2 and - if it even matters - Corel Draw X7. THE PROBLEM: After loading and measuring vinyl sheet plotter shows it's correct dimensions (mm). But Cutting Master program, reads these dimensions 10x bigger! Any clues? Please look at images: Cut Area on plotter is 532x248 MM But Cutting Master shows 532x248 CM Any clues? Please help!
  17. Wildgoose

font help please

And an awesome concert!
  18. brobert7

Cutter peeling up vinyl while cutting

Sorry to post on such on old thread-- but @lizzylou's suggestion was spot on for me. I'm working with an MH cutter, had major peeling when cutting small artifacts (fonts in this case) on Oracal 651. Backing off on the "force" did it for me. I had started at the default 500 grams, ended up at 20 grams, running at about 100 for the speed. Also, bonus with the lessened force is that the machine runs much quieter, and still cuts just as well. Thanks @lizzylou
  19. haumana

if you like pinstriping and gold leaf . . . ..

thankfully, no canoe club has done that here ... and hopefully won't.
  20. haumana

font help please

That was an awesome album!
  21. dwp99

font help please

Def Leppard 1987 Hysteria Album.
  22. Last week
  23. Wildgoose

ORACAL 651 15" Vinyl now comes unpunched.

I buy R-Tape in 15"
  24. I can't find a service manual for the CE6000. but maybe the service manual for the CE5000 might get you there. http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/manuals/CE5000/CE5000-UM-251 (09-9370).pdf
  25. MZ SKEETER

ORACAL 651 15" Vinyl now comes unpunched.

Main tape is 15" That is all I have used for many years. Some of the Rtape is 15" also. I have an Ebay seller that I have bought from for years. I use Main medium tack paper tape. https://www.uscutter.com/Main-Tape-GXP750-PerfecTear-Plus-Medium-Tack-Transfer-Tape
  26. Dakotagrafx

if you like pinstriping and gold leaf . . . ..

You could pin stripe or add gold leaf to outriggers . . . .hmmmmm
  1. Load more activity