All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. daddycreswell

Vinyl tracking

Well I have ran the same file twice now and no crazy tracking problems...fingers crossed the issue will not pop back up. I've got 100 doubled side signs that a guy needs one word changed on, so I'm going to try and run 50 at a time.
  3. Today
  4. haumana

Vinyl tracking

check your pinch roller positions, make sure it's absolutely over the grit roller check your blade depth check your blade force plenty of slack on the vinyl, never cut when it's pulling with tension from the roll slow down the speed feed a little vinyl, then jog it back and forth until, making minor adjustments to get the vinyl to track straight before you cut (you don't need a ruler, you just need a point of reference. i use a piece of blue painters tape, it's not marked, but it's on the machine. it's fixed spot and i jog the vinyl back and forth to see if it's drifting towards or away from my piece of tape, then make the adjustment to get it to feed straighter).
  5. haumana

RedSail Tech Not showing up on production manager

Did you reinstall the driver?
  6. Dakotagrafx

Vinyl tracking

loading error - you have to load it straight to get it to track straight - after loading it run a little and adjust it until it tracks straight - never plan on any vinyl end to be cut straight not any line on a plotter like a sticker ruler to be straight
  7. Johnny007

Redsail RS720C cutting error

i dont know if this is the problem but when the cutter reaches the boundary it locks up and the red light flashses . it happened some times and i understood that the problem is with the position of the blade . like when it reaches the corner it locks up.. sorry my bad english i dont know the terms used for this machine...
  8. daddycreswell

Vinyl tracking

I pre-ran the material again this morning way past the job length and it went to the left again. I started with the other end of the vinyl and it tracked just fine, so I really don't know. I am going to make up some type of tracking guides to help me in the future.
  9. Hi Everyone, i need help with my redsail tech.. my PC just got a problem and i have to format it and reinstalled flexisign pro 8.1 .. and i use redsail tech vinyl cutting plotter 720 rs.. the problem is now after the boot i cant find REDSAIL tech in the production manager ADD setup list. i dont know if i have to post this thing in the flexi board or this vinyl cutting board (sorry). well i would be very happy if you guys could help me with this problem... I use serial cable for my redsail cutting plotter and i use flexi 8.1 and i cant find the redsail tech in add setup of production manager.. i dont know if it has anything to do with my PC but i am using windows 7 ultimate with 32 bit and 4gb ram please reply fast. Thank you
  10. slice&dice

Vinyl tracking

Verify that the middle pinch roller (spring-loaded) is not at the point marked with a sticker on the top rail ---- i.e. at the joint of the grit rollers, where there's a gap.
  11. MZ SKEETER

Vinyl tracking

I also make sure that my pinch rollers are the exact same distance from the edge of the vinyl. Even use a tape measure if you have to. I put my pinch rollers about 1 1/4" from edge. Roller marks will not hurt, they come out when you apply. Graphtecs have a prefeed feature on them, The roller marks help with the tracking. Try prefeeding your vinyl and back.
  12. daddycreswell

Vinyl tracking

Thanks for the info, I'll try the blade information in the morning. I am running it at a speed of 100, and 115 pressure. Can't figure out how to make it any slower.
  13. MZ SKEETER

Vinyl tracking

Never be pulling from the roll while cutting. Always have enough vinyl slack to do the order. You may have your blade too far out of the blade holder, with will cause the vinyl to shift. This is how to set your blade depth correctly. Run the cutter slow until you learn it. Vinyl has to be straight to stay straight while traveling. I have a Graphtec, but I still run it slow. To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and fell the blade tip out of the blade holder. A lot of the times when a cutter stops, it is static from the vinyl. Cutter must be grounded to the stand. Spray Static Guard type sprays, use dryer sheets on the cutter and inside the roll. Run humidifier. Also the MH cutters have a very limited memory. The value cutters do have a cheap Chinese chip set. We tell buyers to put it on a serial cable or a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adpater. That is the brand name Tripp-LIte.
  14. daddycreswell

Vinyl tracking

Long story short- I sent a MH721 back because it continued to stop mid job, paid the upgrade difference and got a SC2 28 inch. I have ran 2 jobs on it so far, 1st one straight out of the box was a 24x42 inch American flag, ran it twice came out perfect. Fast forward a couple of days, I haven't touched the cutter since the last cut. Ran same file, midway through tracking got way off, ruined a large piece of vinyl. Can't afford to mess anymore up. Cut that piece off and just tracked another job, samething happened few inches in, it pulled way left. I haven't touched the pinch rollers or anything. Anyone got any suggestions?
  15. VinylMaster

Icon Missing - Help

The program is context sensitive so it depends if a selected object can be outlined or whatever to see the tool or features you wish to use. If it cannot be then the button will not appear.
  16. Yesterday
  17. MZ SKEETER

Icon Missing - Help

Make sure you are selecting the item. Go up to HELP at the top of your layout screen. Maybe reinstall it. Contact Vinyl Master, they are your tech support. Looking at the HELP tutorial, isn't that under Vector Effects? I don't use Vinyl Master, just reading.
  18. Rowdy

Icon Missing - Help

The icon had the extra sub categories yesterday, but now they are missing
  19. MZ SKEETER

Icon Missing - Help

Vinyl Master can be upgraded to have more features in it. Vinyl Master Cut is the basic version. You can also design in Inkscape.org which is FREE. Save as an .eps Then import into Vinyl Master. You could also try Free Signblazer, which is design and cut. But it has not been upgraded for years. Owner passed away.
  20. I have the Cut V-4 software, I bought the unit from a friend to a friend, big mistake, the icon T for outlining I click on it the extra sub categories, drop shadow and outline only and so on are missing, should I just buy another software program?
  21. darcshadow

SignBlazer Registration marks

I don't believe that is an option in SignBlazer. Just create your own + or diamond, or what ever design you like and place them where you like.
  22. Chilean

SignBlazer Registration marks

How do i get registration marks for SignBlazer. Have The latest SignBlazer Elements.
  23. Last week
  24. Dang, what's with all the hostility? Personally, I would never have committed to any job if - A) I didn't already have the equipment and materials to do it, B ) I know my equipment and materials are guaranteed to arrive with sufficient time to get the job done (which has to include the learning curve if this is my first time at a cutter), or C) know of someone I can outsource this to, in the event that neither A or B is possible. Does your friend absolutely have to have a 34"? Does this job need something bigger than a 28"? Can't do a 28", then go 53". Why would you feel like you'd lose a friend over this situation is none of this is your fault? If you lose your friendship over this, then they weren't much of a friend to begin with. USC being out of stock with a lot of items is not new news around here. All anyone was trying to do, was to offer up some alternative choices - which is not ideal, but that's why they're alternative, because the ideal is out of stock.
  25. slice&dice

US Cutter Out of Stock

dakota, I was trying to be funny about the tracking. Also, why on earth would you suggest a Titan? There is not an 870mm Titan model on offer, at any price. And you snidely remarked "why don't you call a salesperson (at USCutter) and ask them?" (regarding restock availability) -- well, I have, as I said so earlier in the thread . The product desired is out of stock. I simply made a note of it in my first posting. That is the topic here, as the O-P said :"Seems like US Cutter is always out of stock of a lot of items forcing me to order from other places." I'm done here. See ya around.
  26. Dakotagrafx

US Cutter Out of Stock

let us know how that works out for you - if she has an order that big waiting in the wings order a titan and have a big portion paid off on the first order. In another post you asked if the vevor was comparable with the lp3 - being no one on here has used a vevor nor most of us heard of it I think that will be hard for someone to determine but how often does a plotter that cost 1/2 as much be comparable to the higher end machine. maybe the answer is at the vevor forum and support web site
  27. Dakotagrafx

US Cutter Out of Stock

no way they are giving out that information - I never promise something I have no control over. Have you tried calling a sales person and asking them
  28. Dakotagrafx

Need help on GCC i-craft

sounds like a poor product - 4 users all from the philippines have the same problem - I would contact your distributor for help I don't know of anyone on the forum that uses this plotter. the place that is selling these should be providing support
  29. louie1270

Need help on GCC i-craft

i have the same problem with the complainant i cannot use my cutter platter
  1. Load more activity