All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I would contact USC directly. How's the cutting strip? Have you tried to just cut something smaller, but on that side of the cutter to see what happens?
  3. Today
  4. I did everything the USCutter help desk told me to do and it still didn’t fix it. The only thing that has allowed me to use SCALP4 without these issues is installing windows on my MacBook. It’s annoying to have to switch over to windows just to cut vinyl but at least it’s something. Clearly it’s a Mac OS issue because SCALP4 works fine on windows without the “offset” issues.
  5. Whenever I cut something with 24” wide stencil vinyl, the far edge (opposite side of where blade starts) doesn't cut deep enough and weeding it is horrible! It cuts great everywhere else except for the far 6-8”. It’s incredibly frustrating because it stretches/tears the vinyl when I weed it and I basically have to cut it again. Blade depth is fine - I don’t have any issues with 12” wide vinyl. Pressure is high enough. Any idea of what to do?
  6. Yesterday
  7. Dakotagrafx

Heat Transfer Vinyl

I press it to the garment - no way to know if the "customer" has an adequate heat press that applies even pressure at the right temp for the required amount of time. selling it to them to apply is a sure way to make a bad name in the business when they don't apply it right.
  8. 87sDetour

Heat Transfer Vinyl

Ok after u cut and weed the htv do u put the clear transfer paper on it for the customer to purchase?
  9. VinylMaster

vm versions

The predominate difference is that VinylMaster CUT has a basic vectorizer in the USCutter edition whereas the Future Corp version does not. Also, the USCutter edition comes with drivers based on the cutters USCutter sells whereas the Future Corp version includes them all built in. However, there is a downloads page that includes over 5000 drivers for the USCutter edition here: https://fcws1.com/drivers/driverconsole.php As such, and excluding the vectorizer for CUT the differences are minimal.
  10. Last week
  11. Wildgoose

PrismCut

Reminds me a little of the good old Copam that was also a stepper motor but I think a better quality stepper. I think it's like anything, there are grades of performance within steppers and servos motors alike. You do get what you pay for and for a mid level machine that looks pretty darn good. Dakota has a point, HTV is sort of cheating on the weed end because the little tags that would cause issue with the weed are less likely to cause issues in HTV but none-the-less that is pretty nice accuracy from what I see. The premium blades are a must too if trying to go down to this kind of level.
  12. Wildgoose

Need advice what to buy to cut mylar

I sometimes cut up the clear silicone backing that comes on Gerber 225 vinyl and use it as a stencil. I don't know the thickness but it's less than 7 mil I think. When I do it I take some app tape and apply it to the backside of the clear backing (because the front side is what the vinyl was on and is resistant to adhesives) and use the app tape as my carrier. Sometimes a couple layers if I'm worried. It seems to work pretty good and is a lot easier to get the stencil up off of afterwords. I do like Skeeter suggested and make a couple cuts so I'm not overworking my fine tuned machine and running at full pressure can cause feed distortions especially when you are doing something strange or out-of-the-norm like we are talking about.
  13. MZ SKEETER

vm versions

If you have the UScutter version of Vinyl Master, It is different than the Vinyl Master website version. You may have to purchase the website version of Vinyl Master to get the all cutter version. UScutter version upgrade is here. https://uscutter.estore.software/cart/en/step/one
  14. cardudenc

vm versions

forgot to include this in my original post def thought this was weird, while checking out future corps site saw a code for a disc upgrading and vm club membership. so trying to check out info on the club it has you click whether u want to purchase new product or an upgrade. i selected upgrade and it asked for my psn, i put it n and it comes back as an invalid psn. but the version on my comp is active
  15. cardudenc

vm versions

I started to pull the trigger on a new ce 6000 60 during the black fri pricing. the used graphtec i bought was an older ce 5000 60
  16. MZ SKEETER

You can find them many places, It does have adhesive on it. https://www.uscutter.com/Generic-Vinyl-Cutter-Carrier-Sheet
  17. Dakotagrafx

vm versions

you would have to contact VM about a price for an upgrade from uscutter version to the regular version - but if you don't like it than that is a non starter. On flexi the cheapest way to get the big version (not starter) is to buy a new graphtec and download graphtec pro studio that comes with the new ones free - actually worth more than the cost of the new plotter
  18. cardudenc

vm versions

so if i want to be able to run my other cutters on vm i would have to buy a copy from somewhere else? i was checking on vm updates today and saw gcc listed as a compatible cutter. ive been using this cutter with scalps since i bought it because i didnt think vm supported it. didnt show up on my version . with the issues ive had with vm not sure i would purchase another copy just to make it easy for me to use the files i created in vm before i got other software. can say that i guess since its the software i started with , i do have an easier time with it. hd thought about upgrading to letter thinking my issues was because i had the bottom version of vm. but ive seen where people were having issues with all versions of it. the guy i bought the graphtec from loves flexi. he was def pushing it . lol may have to give it a try
  19. Is a carrier mat something that I need to buy, or is it just a piece of sturdy plastic? I will still need some adhesive on it, right?
  20. Thank you - will look into that!
  21. Dakotagrafx

vm versions

yes there are various versions with a uscutter version with mainly the plotters they sell drivers and the general version they sell
  22. cardudenc

vm versions

is there 2 versions of VM? 1 for us cutter and a different 1 if bought somewhere else. I see online that vm supports gcc cutters and alot of ther brands. but when i look for these on my version all i c is cutters that us cutter sells. how do i get a copy to b able to use my other cutters
  23. bikemike

If it is regular Mylar you will need a carrier mat. You can not cut all the way through anything without destroying the cutting strip. Trying to get the Mylar off a cutting mat may also destroy the stencil.
  24. MZ SKEETER

Titan 2 should work. Under $1000, and 750grm force. Many times people make 2 or 3 cuts over to get thru thick substrates For Windows or Mac. https://www.uscutter.com/TITAN-2-Vinyl-Cutter-28-53-68-inch Prism Cut also with 800 grm force under $1000. https://www.uscutter.com/P28-PrismCut-Vinyl-Cutter-with-WiFi-Design-Cut-Software
  25. Hello, this is my first time on this forum and I don`t have much cutting experience (except for my Silhouette machine). I am looking for a machine that is able to cut mylar (7 mil) for re-usable craft stencils - I am planning to start a stencil line, so I need clean cuts and the ability to cut a lot. I just got off the line with the customer support - they didn't know what mylar is and said that I probably shouldn't buy a machine that doesn't work with the material they carry. I also searched the forum but got even more confused - it looked that many people struggle with mylar. Can anyone help me with this question? My budget is up to $1000, but no more... Thank you.
  26. Dakotagrafx

PrismCut

it shows great precision - the easyweed makes it easier on the person doing the weeding - have to admit the precision part held up to the challenge
  27. bikemike

PrismCut

Does look good. How about on regular vinyl? Let's say 651.
  28. Dakotagrafx

PrismCut

ezweed has a sticky backing - it does look nice
  1. Load more activity