All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. MZ SKEETER

GCC to Graphtec force

There is not set in stone force numbers, Force is determined by how you set up your blade depth to the vinyl that your using. How many different vinyl thickness are you using that you have to keep changing the force on the Graphtec? I only change the force up a bit to cut Avery chrome from Oracal 651. Force also differs as your blade wears down. I may only bump it up 1-2 . If you are using different vinyls. then doesn't the CE LITE have different conditions to set it on? Most Graphtecs have 8 conditions that can be set on the control panel for different types of jobs. Force. Speed, etc. Right on your cutter. Or write it down for your different vinyls. This is how to set your blade depth correctly. To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder.
  3. Dakotagrafx

GCC to Graphtec force

Never used that particular plotter but on the ce3000, 5000, 6000 I cut at 10-14 on regular vinyl and up to 16 on reflective with a clean cut blade set using skeeters method for exposure . . . Most of the time at 12 and only change I make is when I go from calendared to cast vinyl. Betting you have too much blade exposure along with overthinking it.
  4. Normally use a GCC Bengal to cut with.We got a CE Lite 50 (mostly to do contour cutting with) and Graphtec uses numbers to determine force. I have a book of cutting forces we used for the GCC for vinyls but sitting here test cutting everytime is getting old and most times I forget when using the CE and either blast through or not enough pressure. Few times got lucky and cut properly. Was wondering n hoping is there a "conversion" chart or anyone done any conversion of the graphtec system to grams force ? Specs say 210 for the CE but numbers go higher so my simple thought of maybe each represented 10gf but doesn't seem to.. Thanks
  5. what Haumana said - what software are you using for cutting your vector graphics
  6. All of my Graphtecs show up in the printers. So what is your problem? They have a real USB connection.
  7. Is your machine hooked up via USB or via serial port? which version of windows are you running on? what software are you trying to use for cutting?
  8. hi everyone, im a super newbie, looking for help so go easy on me, I cant seem to get the drivers installed correctly on my Graphtec craft robo pro CE5000-40. the machine shows up as usb printing support unspecified. ive already tried updating the drivers, ive uninstalled the drivers , ive went thru serveral tutorials, but the machine when plugged in , shows its a usb print suport
  9. looks something similar to what's happening here.
  10. not much info to go on - first thoughts are dirty platen - 2nd is if pressed on a black substrate that it is bleeding thru
  11. Hi, I'm quite new to the whole making shirts and garments business and I've been using koala dark heat transfer paper and the first time I use it I get loads of little black dots on my design I'll leave a picture below. Can someone let me know why this has happened please. Thanks
  12. haumana

Multi color Vinyl help

So this video is longer than it needs to be, but you'll get the idea. If i were doing something similar to cookie monster, but only needed to cut 2 of the 3 colors (because it is a 3-color graphic), then I would cut the black out as one piece (solid with exception to the eye balls), then cut the blue and layer that on. As far as alignment goes - I would also add two squares in the top corners and it would get cut with the black and the blue. tape up the blue, then use the squares of the blue to align it over the black. voila!
  13. two words .... weeding nightmare. I almost lost it after the first time I cut a decal for my nephew - of a particular web crawler. I learned my lesson.
  14. Worble7

Multi color Vinyl help

Thanks Dakotagrafx
  15. Yesterday
  16. Dakotagrafx

too much time on the forum?

Pretty sure 20,000 post just means that someone has spent too much time over the years on the forum :/ almost time for a vacation
  17. Dakotagrafx

Multi color Vinyl help

just add a couple of your own marks - I like stars, some like diamonds, etc 2 at the top and copied over each other in layers for each color works great for layering vinyl - lots of youtube videos on layering
  18. MZ SKEETER

Multi color Vinyl help

You can use any kind of little shape that you want for registration marks. circles. triangle, stars. But if you go into FILE> shapes tools, you will see the registration mark tool. You can make them different sizes as well as place anywhere.
  19. Worble7

Multi color Vinyl help

ahhhhh I see. Thanks
  20. MZ SKEETER

Multi color Vinyl help

Please learn your software. Those are registration marks for contour cutting around a printed design on vinyl. That is for the ARMS to be lined up to.
  21. Worble7

Multi color Vinyl help

ok so now I have a test image that works and want registration marks to line up how come I cant put the marks where I want them and will they cut even through can't see them in the cut/plot screen?
  22. Worble7

Multi color Vinyl help

Now It all comes clear it needs to be vectorize in color to know to see the colors found a site that has them to play around with. Thanks for all the help MZ SKEETER
  23. MZ SKEETER

Multi color Vinyl help

Yes, you said that, but no one can help you with a file when you are using copyrighted work. Go find some free multi color vectors and work with those. Or make your own stuff, shapes, text, of different colors and layer them.
  24. Worble7

Multi color Vinyl help

Like I said that was a test file I grabbed off the internet not sell anything was just going to learn how to cut multiple color vinyls and put them together again as a test.
  25. MZ SKEETER

Multi color Vinyl help

You need to post a file that you have done, that is not a copyright. You cannot post that cookie monster file. Do some TEXT with an outline of a different color. Practice with that. You have to have the vector correct first. in 2 colors or more. The rest of the instructions. I gave you above from the Graphtec Pro Studio. Nothing more that I can help with.
  1. Load more activity