All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. MZ SKEETER

Weeding SMALL letters

You don't mention which software or cutter. I use weed lines feature on small text from my cutting software. I also use sewing needles with a pin cushion, for weeding my designs.
  4. Dakotagrafx

Reflective recommendation

for me I have always used engineering grade but got lucky and most of it came from lost shipment auctions so my big rolls are 3m. I have some green that cannot be cut on a plotter I use for backgrounds and have a lot of it but shipping to your rock will be very expensive even in smaller amounts because of how thick the material is - - - That one is green - not sure what colors you are looking for. I would think any 3m or oracal engineering grade would be good - will be very very pricy but customer has to understand that is just the cost of the proper material when quoting the job.
  5. Suzanne

Weeding SMALL letters

Hi there, I have a small business where I sell baby onesies with literary quotes. Therefore, I use a typewriter font. My biggest BIGGEST issue is when I am weeding, I often can't get the DOTS to the lower case I out of the vinyl, and then my iron-on decal is ruined. Does anyone have any tricks for those little bitty dots?? thanks!
  6. dpi refers to a raster image for printing - plotters use vector images that are not measured in dpi and only uses nodes and lines - can be scaled infinitely with no resolution loss unlike raster that uses pixels that are not recognized by these machines
  7. Dakotagrafx

Cutting Glitter Vinyl on the MH871

what skeeter said and going from a graphtec with a servo motor to the course stepper motor on a mh would be torture for me - make sure you slow it way down also
  8. Dakotagrafx

Easy Cut Studio Ragged Cutting

first thing I see is the offset must be way way off - look at those circles in the corners
  9. I create and cut decals and I am trying to my business going. I'm a Mac user and had been using Parallels with Windows XP, Corel Draw and Roland Cut Studio for my Roland GX-24. Corel Draw has always been glitchy - even when I used it on a PC but it has been a little worse on my Mac. Its been even worse as of late so I finally decided to search for a way to cut without using Windows-based programs and I stumbled on Easy Cut Studio. Connection to my plotter was breeze but Easy Cut Studio cuts ragged as seen in the first attached photo. When I look at the design in Corel Draw, Cut Studio, Inkscape, Affinity Designer, and Easy Cut Studio all I see is the design in the second attached photo - no additional nodes and no control handles/bars positioned in such a way to cause the ragged appearance of the lines and corners. I cut again this morning using Roland Cut Studio and it came out as seen in the second attached photo, which tells me it isn't the plotter (also checked plotter settings and blade position) so I tried exporting as several types of EPS (none will open in Easy Cut Studio whether saved from Inkscape or Affinity Designer), PDF, and SVG - all come out looking ragged with Easy Cut Studio. I am a novice in using the design programs beyond the basics of what I've done in the second attached photo so I assume I'm doing something wrong or missing something in the design program or export settings. Advice / suggestions / pointers? Equipment / Software Specs: iMac 27" (Late 2012) / Catalina Affinity Designer & Inkscape / Easy Cut Studio 5 Parallels 12 / Win XP / Corel Draw X4 / Roland Cut Studio 1.26 Roland GX-24 (purchased 2008) Thanks!
  10. dvddvd

Why does this happen?

It seems one of the objects if you select it, is in a really big dotted line box? Instead of a close to the object dotted line around it, it has a dotted line box 3 x bigger than itself? So when i was trying to group all the objects I was not drawing the group box around all of the objects? So how do i make the object box smaller? If I grab a corner and make it smaller the object becomes smaller too ? Thanks
  11. MZ SKEETER

Cutting Glitter Vinyl on the MH871

Maybe keep an extra blade holder and blade for your glitter projects. Then you won't have to work so hard finding the blade depth for it.
  12. It is a small design for hats, I have cut it in the past for sure and it has worked, But finding the depth "sweet spot" for this material is a time consuming and product waisting thing. I will try these things and see If I get results! Thanks for your advice!
  13. MZ SKEETER

Vinyl for vehicle lettering?

@Thetrashnoob UScutter still has 28" SC2 on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/USCutter-SC2-Vinyl-Cutter-Plotter-and-Stand-w-Catch-Basket-28-34-PC-or-Mac/303334223316?hash=item46a020edd4:g:qcAAAOSwDGJdsjLf
  14. Thetrashnoob

Vinyl for vehicle lettering?

I did some research and it seems like the sc is the way to go. I was looking for the 28in but it’s out of stock so the only options is the 32 or the 54 so I’m not sure when they are going to be back in stock. May have to end up getting the 32. Unless I can find a refurbished 28 I could go with that
  15. Is that the motherboard? Ive just received an email from the supplier and they think its now the motherboard and are going to send a replacement for that now. If that doesn't work then they are going to replace the machine.... quick question to, I'm exporting a file from EasyCut to SVG but its asking about a DPI in export options, does anyone know what the setting would be so I can use the file in SignCut pro1? Thanks.
  16. haumana

Reflective recommendation

Is anyone willing to point me in the right direction to find some decent reflective vinyl and appropriate application tape? Due to a new state law, there are (private property) tow signs that need to be updated and this will be my first foray into producing the signs with reflective for commercial purposes. I previously did not care, because all my reflective were to trivial and lame personal projects, so as long as the was reflective shiny, I was happy. While the new law does not state that the reflective material needs to engineer grade, I'm just looking for something that's fairly durable, since it will be outdoor, and will roast in the Hawaiian sun and will not start to peel at the edges within 2 or 3 years. The USC inventory looks kind of iffy, so I'm looking for several brands for me to consider because I kind of need this vinyl very, very soon. Mahalo in advance!
  17. haumana

image help !

perhaps you could tell use what software you are using to vectorize you image, as well as what software you're using to send the graphic to the cutter? Ungrouping, and a little node editing should get rid of any points and/or lines that you don't want.
  18. tyson.sx

image help !

when i import an image and vectorize it, it keeps the border of the image and cuts out a square around my design, how do i get rid of this border so it only cuts out my design? please help, i’ve looked everywhere
  19. slice&dice

Issue with Signblazer 6.0 and Redsail Vinyl plotter

Here's something to try -- Download and install a new copy of SBE program HERE -----> http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe What do you mean, Redsail drivers? SBE has the cutter drivers built-in. (Unless there's an Emulation driver for USB that is specific to that model? Try throwing the MH cutter emulation CDM20828 at it). http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Drivers/cdm20828_setup_windows.exe
  20. slice&dice

Print verus cutting

Who you talking to, Willis? MissDee was here for 1 day, randomly, in 2018, and you show up years later with some mediocre advice, and that blind link to a .vDoc attachment you expect people to download and open? .vDoc can be created to transmit malware and virus! Easily. No thanks, Dave.
  21. slice&dice

Vinyl Express Cutter RII series

Cliff it. You're likely deep into this thing already for more than it's worth. Used cutters that are given away because they don't work, are not usually something you want to be screwing around with. TIme is money. Loading up a parts cannon and firing blindly? No thanks. Not with a car, not with a cutter. Trying to replace a ribbon cable sounds odd, because the head is getting juice, so what would replacing a cable, that is right now providing the power, offer in the way of benefit? Reverse the polarity on the power wires inside the cutting head maybe? Take off the cover of that and just see how things are connected.
  22. One of my friends gave me a vinyl cutter about a year ago. I tried to run it but found it wasn't working. The arm that holds the blade wasn't moving up and down. I contacted Sign Warehouse and told them what it was doing and they said to try replacing the main board. So I got the part from ebay, double checked everything to make sure it was the right part and installed correctly. That didn't fix it. So next I ordered a new cutting/plotter head. After that was installed, the arm moved up and down but in reverse. It starts in the down position, then moves up to make the cuts. I contacted Sign Warehouse again and explained everything again and they told me to replace the ribbon that connects to the cutter/plotter head, I forget what it's called. I searched everywhere online and couldn't find the correct part and I don't know if it would even fix the problem. Sign Warehouse has been pretty useless. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or know how to fix the issue, I'd greatly appreciate it!
  23. Last week
  24. dvddvd

Why does this happen?

If you go into wiremode view the objects are still there but the dominent layer seems to be covering them ? Thanks
  25. Ive made up a multi layer graphic and it all looks fine, when I send to cutter it shows all the different colour layers ready to cut. But when i try to group all the layers so i can alter the size of it all at once 2 of the layers disapear?
  26. cutfordave

Print verus cutting

Hey Dee... No, a cutter is not a printer; however, a smart polygon layout will give you a pattern similar to what you want. You need to find a wire representation of the US. Convert it to monochrome with any paint program. I convert it into .bmp. Then import that .bmp into vinylmaster. Do edge detection on the .bmp. You will have to a serious amount of experimentation to get the proper print effect. Start with a very simple shape, say Arizona (some curves and straight vectors). If it is just not working out after about 30 minutes, find another simple shape. Once you found a print that works, move up to more complicated picts. When I am using the ink cartridge attachment, I use the fattest ballpoint, which has been 1.7. Attached is a svg of UC Davis street map. Correct, a cutter is not a printer; however, this works enough for my purposes. Dave UCDavisCloseup.vDoc
  1. Load more activity