All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Bob.dickey1228

Trouble converting PDF into SCAL 4 pro

Thank you for the help. I think I have it figured out. I did not realize you could and have to ungroup multiple times. I thought it was a one and done. Thank you again. Learning something g new everyday!!
  3. Yesterday
  4. Wildgoose

New to vinyl. Just got a fc 7000 75

I think you may be confusing blade depth and cutting depth/pressure. You want your blade holder almost touching the surface of the vinyl when you are cutting and the tip at that moment just scratching the carrier sheet/backing so that you cannot feel the scratch from the back side. Mz Skeeter has posted how to set this blade exposure by hand several thousand times on the forum so I won't elaborate on that. Once the blade depth is set THEN you work into the cut depth on the actual vinyl by adjusting the cutting pressure (in grams) until it gets to that point where the blade is actually cutting all the way to the paper carrier. Many new people think there is a correlation to how deep into the vinyl the machine will cut and the amount of blade sticking out of the holder which is the wrong way to look at it. I have seen many people try to adjust how deep the blade cuts by turning the adjustment so that more blade sticks out of the holder which is wrong. Too much blade protruding from the holder causes more inaccuracy than you can imagine; it doesn't seem like it would make that much difference but it definitely does. I don't think this issue is what's causing you trouble but as I read through your thread it seems like that point may have gotten glossed over.
  5. Johnny007

Font Setting Help

thank you guys but i accidentally found out the solution to my problem. it is very simple . its just that i should not click on the font i should use arrow keys without open the font list . thanks for the help anyways
  6. Johnny007

Need Help With Size Problem

i know that red is there because i selected the design but thats not the problem . the problem is i am getting different sizes before and after clicking on cut/plot. actually i found an alternative like normally i put a bit small size before cutting and affter click cut it will become the size that i want but its not working everytime
  7. Lorne D. Manor.

New to vinyl. Just got a fc 7000 75

I got it too work and cut one set of letters out.
  8. Last week
  9. darcshadow

Font Setting Help

If you're wanting to be able to show various font options and how the word will look in them I use a program called FontViewer, http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/FontViewer.php. It allows you to view all fonts on your computer and gives you the option to define the same. By default it is just the name of the font but you can easily set it to what ever you like. There are tons of other font viewer out there, this is just one of the first ones I found that did what I was looking for.
  10. dwp99

Font Setting Help

In Flexi you must click on the font to change it. it won't change by hovering over the font name like in Microsoft word. However, in Flexi if you do click on the font name. Flexi creates a list at the top of the font list of all the fonts you clicked on. That makes it a little easier to find the font again.
  11. darcshadow

I'm not a flexi user so I'm just guessing here. The red around your text, is that just because it's selected, or is that a stroke around it? In some design programs, when you select something that has a stroke, the size that is displayed does not include the stroke. Could that be what's giving you different size readings?
  12. Johnny007

Hello everyone. i use flexi sign pro v8.1 and i have a problem.the thing is that i BEIZER a image or type a name and click on the cut button and after the cut window opens up the size changes slightly sometimes and a bit higher sometimes.i will explain now. for example i type a name like this so you can see in the picture the size is 5.870 and 2.295 right. but now after i click this cut/plot button the size changes a bit higher or lower . so its a trouble for me i am not getting exact size.so in this picture you can see that my size changed to 6 inches. it is random everytime. it some times decreases than actual and some times increases .please tell me a solution
  13. Johnny007

Font Setting Help

Hello everyone.its me again and this time i need some help with my font setting well what my request is that when i show the fonts to someone i have to show them the font on the right side its very small but i want the acutal name on the screen to change when i change different fonts.i will explain you through pics 1.after opening flexi sign 8.1 . i type a name and click on the 'A 'symbol in the design central menu or the other menu. AND FOR changing the font i keep the cursor on the font type and it shows a small text but i want the big text to be changed. in the pictures i explained see them please. https://imgur.com/a/uV5zCIU so you see in the microsoft word when we keep the cursor on a font the actual text also changes to the font i kept the cursor on.so i want the same in the flexi so that the font names appear big. you can see that in the second picture the small text is according to the font i kept but the big text didnot change. help me out please.( i am sorry my english sucks really bad . its just that i am a indian and i dont talk in english much )
  14. Dakotagrafx

Black/Dark Colors not Printing Correctly on Mugs

I’ve done hundreds of mugs with cactus wraps, the 6+ mug presses I tried ( including 3 knight) all had the same weakness, the area around the handle and bottom would wick heat away causing problems in those areas. With the CW’s the bottom and handle are heated to the same temp as the rest of the mug and no problems. And before someone ask, there is a difference in cheaper wraps to the cactus wraps that have 2 different material for pressure and to control stretch.
  15. You will not see the name of the cutter beside the com port#. Unplug it and see which one unplugs. It should be a Com #. Look in your computer device manager. Did you download the driver and extract it and run it? You must. Did you try a different USB cable? We always advise to put the value cutters on a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter, that is the brand name. Better connection. The value cutters have a cheap Chinese chip set in it. Not TRUE USB like higher end cutters.
  16. Thanks - I have been on and read, looked at the videos - on both of these sites. I was just hoping that someone else had the same issue as I do but with a solution.
  17. Wildgoose

I think the guys who have the most success on the mugs use the cactus wraps rather than a mug press. Different way to go about the whole thing but evidently more controlled heat and pressure.
  18. Here is all of the info for your cutter. Including trouble shooting. https://support.uscutter.com/support/solutions/folders/14000106613 Here is your support for SCALP 3 https://support.uscutter.com/support/solutions/folders/14000106607
  19. Yes that is how the MANUAL contour cutting goes. If you want actual optical eye contour cutting you will have to step up to a cutter that is equipped with an actual optical eye. The optical eye systems will hunt and find the registration marks and do their own alignment and the good ones like Summa, Graphtec, Roland etc... will cut extremely accurately. Mine (the Summa) even has the ability to read additional side points to maintain alignment on long projects so it can make adjustments along the way to compensate for any irregularities that make have happened either in the print process or material shrink/swell during the previous processes. I assume the other brands do similar but I can't confirm that.
  20. US Cutter Laserpointer 2. ------------------------------------------- Drivers - I looked at every USB Host port - and I did not see the name of my cutter related to either port. I have downloaded the drivers - but I still don't know how to install them. I guess I could uninstall each USB Host port and see if the drivers will install. However, you would think if the drivers are not installed the cutter would not work, correct? ---------------------------------------- Contour cutting - I understand printing the registration marks - and jogging over to each mark - but you can't truly tell if you are directly on the mark. Also, must you do this each time you want to contour cut a project? -------------------------------------- Thanks!!!!
  21. TaylordPrints

I have realized that it was a lot to do with the cook time. Bringing the cook time down, has helped but now I am left with a faded section , the furthest away from the pressure source... Full pressure doesn't seem to make any changes and so far, I've gone through 12 mugs trying to solve this.
  22. I have been searching for an answer on this for quite a few days.. I'm really at a loss what to try next to achieve a more solid print, with two different style mugs. Both are rendering close to the same results. My typical process: *Warm mug up before taping print over top* 400 degrees 180 Seconds Medium Pressure Mugs I am trying to print onto: (photos included) Cheaper mugs from Amazon Conde / Dyetrans "Mug11" Paper I have tried so far Texprint XPHR A-Sub Print settings I've tried: Regular Paper - Standard Quality Regular Paper - High Quality Premium Matte - Standard Quality Premium Matte - High Quality I print onto apparel, rock slates, and many other sublimated items just fine. Only mugs have been giving us troubles.. Any suggestions, we'd be very thankful! I've attached images to help show.
  23. darcshadow

Trouble converting PDF into SCAL 4 pro

Your problem is that the PDF file is more than just vector images. The text is a vector but the actual image is a bitmap image. Not sure how SCAL handles it, but Inkscape you simply open the file, then you'll need to select the graphic. For some reason the graphic is part of a group although it's the only object in the group. You'll need to ungroup it before you can trace it.
  24. Ravenwind / One Off Grafx

Font help Please

Thank you that was just the ticket.
  25. Hey there new to the forums here. I am having trouble getting an image into SCAL 4 pro. Basically what is happening is part of the image will import into the software but there are no cut lines. There is a square around the image but because of the white background the image wont trace are plot cut lines. I can get the image into inkscape and save as a png but am still getting the same problems in SCAL. I am using a Mac and I think these images were sent to me in a docx file as well. Any pointers would be very appreciated. Have not been in the vinyl cutting game very long, trying to wrap my head around everything. Thank you in advance. Window decal.pdf Window decal_2.pdf
  26. bigmax

Buyer beware

Just lick it and stick !LOL
  1. Load more activity