Sign in to follow this  
Danieve

elements manual available?

Hi,

Let me start by telling you I'm a newbie to vinyl cutting so I apologize in advance for stupid questions.  LP24, WindowsXP, Laptop only w/USB connection.

I got my LP24 set up last night & installed SignBlazer Elements which came with it (I got it from e-bay).  I currently use Photoshop & Illustrator so this is a whole new program for me to learn.  I printed out the 243 page manual that was on the disc, but now that I'm looking at it I don't see that it is even for SB Elements, just the other versions (SB5, SB5 Pro, SB5 Hotshot).  Can someone please tell me if any of the directions are the same for SB Elements? 

I bought the cutter to do t-shirt/jersey lettering (names/numbers) which will often need to be in 2 colors.  Is this the best software for me to use or would I be better off buying something else?  I really want to get up & running so I can hopefully start making some money with this stuff.

THanks!

As far as I know there is no manual for elements. The manual you have will teach you the basics and the things that Elements won't do, well you'll find out and there are work-arounds in a lot of cases.

Since you already know how to Use Illustrator, I suggest you use it for your design and use SB for your cutting. Just save as an .eps in AI and import into SB.

Keep in mind that the learnign guide covers the Pro version, so you will see somethings in the learning guide that are not available in the Elements version.

Did you try looking on the Signblazer software CD.  I think there is a a PDF guide that you can read through.  Ken is right about the directions being for the Pro version.  Still, the manual will get you started.