Smitty

Material for Airbrush Stencils

Greetings all,

I have been looking at the plotters for a few weeks now, but I am having difficulty finding material that I could use for cutting airbrush stencils.

Can someone point me in the right direction to locate a supplier who has frisket paper in 24" - 48" wide rolls?

Does anyone else have experience with any other material that would be low tack, and suitable for airbrush stencils?

Thanks!!

Smitty

I don't know about the frisket...

I use paint mask. I get mine from signwarehouse. Here is the link to the product I use.

http://www.signwarehouse.com/shop/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=VSPRAY

This is the low tack option you asked about. You will need to cut the image, weed out the parts you don't want, apply transfer tape to the image, then transfer it to your surface. Peel the transfer tape, burnish the edges that will recieve paint really well and dont get them too wet and it works great! Obviously it is a one time use type of a deal.

Hope this helps! ;D

:hysterical: signwarehouse...  :hysterical:

[move] :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:[/move]

Just personal issues against them, that is all...

Something about how they advertise about the 'competions plotters'on there ebay listings.. then trying to take business away from US Cutter.

Then, when we voice our opinions about this on this board, SignWareHouse.com sends threatening letters to the owners to cease and desist from using there name anywhere on these boards.

So... In my opinion... I just dont agree with the way that SignWareHouse operates...  Alot people use them... Alot dont, and Im one of them.

so where do you get yer supplies Tater?

I just snagged some orange "diamond plate" on ebay from a company in New jersey. "plastic paper" or something like that.

ever heard of anything like that?

I get most of my supplies localy, Specialized Sign Supply... As I feel that this also helps the local economy... they carry or can get just about anything that you want...  I mainly use them cuz there local, carry the FDC, and I dont have to wait on shipping...

I also am a fan of GT5... Its a 5 year intermediate calandared vinyl...  you can get it from http://www.signpile.com/ (formerlly Sign Supply Kentucky or SSKOnline.com)

GT5 is as good or better then FDC in my opinion... Cheap too  24 inch wide by 50 yards... is only $64 bucks.  thats 21 cents per sq foot...

I have bought some stuff here and there on ebay... Alot of people are lucky... And if its cheap enough go for it... However, vinyl does have a shelf life... If its old, then the adhesive may not be any good and fail pre-maturily...  Another reason for buying localy is I know that its fresh from the factory...