luder

setup with serial cable 2 days no luck

I am not computer smart. Ive tried this numerous times still no communication with the cutter. Tried with the usb and with the serial cable. Am I right (serial reccommended) The directions are not that great for an average guy. I am trying to install it on a dell windows xp, also have a laptop with vista (which I have not tried, am not sure because it says only 1 computer) Do I have to install a driver with the serial cable, and how does a guy configure baud rate and all that to match. I was hopeing that your hardware wizard would just install like a plug and play. There has to be something Im missing. I can use the cutters manual buttons off line so that seems to be fine (I think) After installation if I make a circle-press cut-then the little box says something like unable to communicate. I would appreciate any input, ct630 cutter............Thanks luder

forgot but its the signblazer elements 2008 that was mailed a week after I bought the cutter

have u installed the signblazer software? u need to go into the cutter setup tab in the software and choose the correct com port.

did u go into the software and setup the correct com port. this is for serial which is stable.

go into sb, locate the tab across the top that say cutter, u should see another window pop up. then select setup. from there u will be in the cutter setup window. the first option box should say cutter, arrow down and select the creation pcut cte60. then the box under that should say output device, arrow down and set the com port that say blazer com X communication port, should be one or two. then select save and ok.

Thanks for the reply, how do I do that...thanks luder

ugh, i just gave u the instructions in sec post.

Go into sign blazer and select an image to cut.  If it's a jpeg then u have to vectorise it (if u need help with that just ask).  Then select cutter on the top tool bar.  Next on the top tool bar you will see set up.  Click on that and under out put device you can select the port.  I use usb and mine is on "blazer COM4: Usb serial port"  but you may have to try a few of them to find the one that works for ur set up. 

Also in that set up screen is where you set the blade offset .25 oughta do it.  :thumbsup:  I hope that helps and makes sense.

Well thanks for the input, I tried it on my laptop and it installed, and gave me the com port for serial cable (4) she now works, cut a few circles and letters. Sure is going to be alot to learn. I have the pen in her (with a roll of freezer paper) and am playing with it. Thanks again Im sure I will have many questions-never used one of these, I have a small body shop and this could be a useful tool, luder