Primal Rage Outdoors

Ebay Vinyl...What Gives ??

Okay, yup it's my fault, but I want to make sure and check to see if anyone else had this problem, bought some 24" vinyl ( 12 rolls to be exact) on Ebay, was excited bout the price, now I got it, A very , very Matte finish to say the least and the liner barely sticks to it, hell it looks and tears like contact paper; put it this way , as it is cutting it has more wrinkles in it then gramma's rump, if you get my drift. Is this common, I know you get what you pay for and since i'm very new to this, throw some suggesting at me for which vinyl to try, I have Used Arlon 5000 and I really like it, the price is reasonable and they got a good assortment of colors. Ordered the Oracal samples n such. So come on I need to pick the brains of the pros, I want this to be a biz success story, not another shoulda, woulda, coulda story. Thanks !

LG Vizuon6000- jsisign or rjsign or signwarehouse  but I like the arlon 5000 too and started ordering it along with the LG

i bought stuff like that as well....only 1 roll though....it was white vinyl and could hold my hand up behind the vinyl and see the color of my skin....stuff was horrible....

Primal Rage

I bought the stuff from ebay also...  Take some to lowes/home depot...ITS SHELF PAPER for cabinets in such...Yes i bought a large amount, I guess you learn from your exp.. It will fall off in a few days or so outside. well mine did...

Before i bought a printer all i used was ORACAL 641 or 651. You can get good deals on it, and i like it better than anything i have used... fellers always has it in stock and you will get it next day for a good price...

If your looking for a good vinly i would try Feller's Shinerite vinyl.. It is real good for any app. We have also usd it on vehicle lettering and I still see the vans we did about 3 years ago and they still look great. I think a 24x10yard roll is $18.50ea. I think its about the same as Oracal 651. We use it for about 95% of our jobs.

Even though it's Avery, it's not sign vinyl. Avery also makes contact paper. Sounds like that's what ya bought. Search for brands like Oracal, Arlon, or....Avery. But when you're ordering Avery sign vinyl you'll most likely be looking for the A6 model.

Check to see if you have any local sign suppliers. I know www.nfsupply.com is near me, that's where I get about all my vinyl these days. Saves loads on shipping.

I have WENSCO near me, bout an hour south, they carry alot of stuff and the Arlon 5000 has really impressed me so far, the stuff I got from Ebay I have made some banners for myself for inside stuff, but I sure wouldnt sell it to a customer.

I prefer going to NF Supply near me rather than buying online. It all depends on your interests. Occasionally I'll search through eBay to find some good deals but I have one rule of thumb. I only buy Oracal, FDC, Arlon, or Avery A6 or A7. If I need something my supplier doesnt have I'll order from a website. Usually www.signsupply.com or www.signoutletstore.com and I get get my order in a day or two when ordering from them. I might try out www.signwarehouse.com pretty soon as well. Got some good deals on some stuff.

I second Fellers.  Order today and you get it the next day because they ship from the nearest warehouse.  Orders over $75 ship for free.

My 2 cents again.

On LG. Got some yellow in a vinyl trade. Did a decal layering the yellow over black. It looked like I used gold vinyl. Very translucent for a sign vinyl. Would not recommend. We'll see how long that yellow vinyl holds up on this windshield banner I did. May have to replace it with Oracal within a year or so.

Has anyone bought the vinyl from uscutter off ebay? I am curious about the colors that you get. Since it is unknown what colors you get.Here is the link I am talking about.

http://cgi.ebay.com/USCutter-Sign-Vinyl-Pack-5-24-rolls-for-Vinyl-Cutter_W0QQitemZ280299132672QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item280299132672&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Thanks,

Christi

from the listing:

This is our surprise pack - it includes colors that we select. We usually select the colors that we have the most stock on hand, so if you order multiple packs, you will probably get the same colors. You cannot select or request your own colors.

Thanks John. I did notice that it said it was the surprise pack.  I was hoping that maybe someone has bought a few of them to give an idea of the colors that could be in it. I am sure it changes but from the listing it does say that if you order mulitple you could get the same.

Thanks,

Christi