Sign in to follow this  
n7kon

Advice Please

I have a 2 color logo that is a simple oval with writing in it. My question is when making the vector file which is better practice? To layer the writing over the top of the oval, or to cut out the space for the lettering from the oval and then making the text for the spaces remove.

This will be on a window and on the outside.

I was thinking of cutting out the lettering space from the oval and then making the text slightly larger then the cut out and putting the lettering down and then the oval over the top.

Thanks for any advice

Keith 

If the text is very small, I would weld/punch in the circle and then layer over your letter color.  For very small letters, it is much easier to weed the letters as opposed to leaving the letters.

Depends on whatwho are on the other side of the window.

Some people may not want to see two overlapping ovals from the backside and would prefer to have one solid color oval.

Depends on whatwho are on the other side of the window.

Some people may not want to see two overlapping ovals from the backside and would prefer to have one solid color oval.

agreed. Either way will look good from the front,so go with whichever looks best from the back as well.

Thanks all for the help. I am going to go to the site and see if it can be seen from the inside. If so I may try to talk them into one on each side. If not then I will just layer it.

Thanks Again.

KeithH

what I would do, and this is just me, I would make the oval, put the text in, punch it out......it would look the same from both sides just on the inside would be reversed. Hope this makes sense.