Sign in to follow this  
mikekelley

25 pin cable length

I recently got a Refine cutter and I'm having some issues with the length of the cable that came with it. It is hardly 4 or 5 feet long, which makes for a really cramped working area. I have been trying for a few weeks now to get a longer cable. I got my first 25 pin male/male cable about a week ago. Plugged it in, and it didn't work. Checked out the specs of both the new (non-working) and old cable, and realized that they were a different gauge, so I figured this was the problem. Ordered yet ANOTHER cable and it still doesn't work.

These are the two cables I've tried:

http://www.cablesondemand.com/Library/InfoManage/Items.asp?product=CS-DSDMDB25MM

and:

http://www.compusa.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=222867&cm_mmc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-WEDBLET328ORDER-_-03order&SRCCODE=WEDBLET328ORDER

At this point I'm getting pretty frustrated with the whole thing. I'm trying 25  cables if it makes any difference, using ArtCut. (god this program sucks)

Which type of cable am I supposed to get? Any links or anything?

Thanks!

Just go with USB and get an extended USB cable. Extended Serial or Parallel cables do not work as well. This is the only time I would recommend USB over Serial or Parallel.

I use a regular 6 foot serial with a 10 foot extension cable. I can't remember what type but there are only 2 kinds that I know of...regular and null. So whichever one you have that doesn't work,try the other.

Thanks ken. Unfortunately I am having tons of trouble getting the USB connection to work.  Blah.

Baud is set to 4800 on both the cutter and the software, I've tried the most recent drivers -

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=32

but nothing seems to work.

Default Baud on the cutter is 9600, so leave it at that, and set the software back to 9600, and the COM port setting as well if you had changed those.

Hmm, can't seem to get my USB connection going. Has anyone here purchased an aftermarket 25 pin cable? Any leads as to where to buy one?

Hmm, can't seem to get my USB connection going. Has anyone here purchased an aftermarket 25 pin cable? Any leads as to where to buy one?

If you cannot find one, we have some extra originals....

Ken, any idea of how long those are?

Thanks for your help thus far.

Mike

Like the cable that originally came with it- maybe 4-5ft.