Sign in to follow this  
rynecoop

My transformers costume

Really didn't use to much vinyl except for the chrome on the bumper the grill and th esmoke stack's, let me know what you think, oh by the way I got first place at my work holloween party and won $3000!!!  oh ya and it really transforms too, and had working headlights, and a real windshield!

post-1546-1298652690563_thumb.jpg

post-1546-12986526939834_thumb.jpg

nice work btw who's the nurse? :thumbsup:

yeah, my thoughts too.

OK, me too,

nice work btw who's the nurse? :thumbsup:

yeah, my thoughts too.

OK, me too,

Every girl at the party wanted to take a pic with me (I get that everywhere I go, even without the costume!  :thumbsup:)

The nurse's boyfriend even wanted her to take the pic! 

It was the only one that met the size requirement to post, guess that works to lol

thanks for all the great feedback!

thats really cool! very creative. it looks warm.

bb

There was a transformer costume in that first pic? lol eyes were focused else where I guess.... REally nice I love it.

Great costume. Looks like there was a lot of work involved (and creativity).

ok now give the directions so we can all make one too!  great job!!!

Let me know how i can get one of those Nurses....Please and thanks

go to just about any bar this weekend and you should be able to find one

Very good look I must say!!! Oh ya and the truck was cool too :)

Keith

I have been kicking around the idea of selling it on Ebay, but I am not sure if I would get back what I put into it.  It took about 20 hours, and almost $300.  Maybe Ill keep it, it already won me $4500 so I think I should save it as a trophy or something. lol

I think next year I am going to make Baracade, Thats the police car from the transformer movie.  I already order some police leds, and a siren.  I will make that one so I can roll across the floor when I am in car mode. 

ok now give the directions so we can all make one too!  great job!!!

If you want the directions let me know and I will make a post of them, I didn't really have any it was all in my head, but I can summerize for you if you want.

ok so I got a big roll of foam from uline , then I got down on hands and knees and had someone measure me ( works best if you take a pic then write the measurements on the pic.)  Then I figured out how tall the front of the truck had to be in order for me to comfortable fit inside then just decided how tall to make each part (i.e.; windows, grill, bumper)  once that was done I made pieces that would fit around my upper arms and forearms (make sure they are flat on the out side part)  once that was done i put the front on the ground how it would be when i was in "truck mode" and measure back how far I had to go to fill the gap from the front to my arm pieces.  that is basically the hardest part.

Legs~

Just make the legs go all around your yours(make this tight, but loose enough to slide your leg in and out)  then cut out a little half circle to let the foam go all the way to the ground (the half circle lets it go around your shoe)  Then make a piece that will cover your shoe, then cut out the wheels and glue them on. 

Back Piece~

make the back piece long enough to cover your entire back down to your legs, you will need to use velcro in order to attach the back and front piece (leave enough room so that it will be able to transform, but fit snug) you will also need to make a hinge with velco just below your butt in order for it to fold down when you transform,

use a hot glue gun to attach everything, and use an acrylic paint to paint the foam, you can also cut out windows and insert plexi-glass if you want, and also cut hole to stick flashlights in for the head lights.  Hope this helps.  it is all in my head and i tried to explain the best i could, if you have any questions just ask and i will be glad to answer them.