LLCE

BANNER BORDER WITH LITTLE WASTE

I have a 3' x 10' banner to do for an upcoming job.

Client wants "HOLIDAY WEST FEST"

November 1

with a green border around the banner.

This will be on 10oz. white banner.

Question is this:  How do I do the green border with as little waste as possible?

Do I piece the border together?

This is a rush job, so I need help fast.

Thanks for the help! 

If you have  nice long scrap pieces to create the border I would do that.  If not I would just cut the strips from the vinyl, there is no way I'd waste THAT much vinyl to cut the border whole.

Unless you are going to charge the customer alot more!

I would piece it but for a different reason. Unless you are lucky enough that your cutter tracks 100% true, you're not likely to get a 10 foot cut that is even and straight. Not to mention trying to get it on straight if you are working alone. If you piece it, it won't be noticeable from 3 feet away.

hey,been there,done that. Unlike some people who post on these forums, I speak from experience.

Thanks guys!  I really appreciate it.  Never done anything this big before so it new to me.

Thanks Again!

Rich

Just cut a bunch of 3 or 4 foot rectangles, how ever wide you want the stripe, like if you want a 2 inch wide stripe, just cut 2 inch x 36 inch rectangles, maybe could get 10 or so from a 24 inch piece, then piece them together, shouldn't have any problem tracking that length. Good luck

BannerJohn gave great advice. I've done two borders on banners recently and pieced it together for exactly the reasons he cited.

Customer was very happy.