Sign in to follow this  
wilsedoggy

best transfer tape for my cutting needs

first off, rookie mistake but i am not even sure what the difference between tack levels indicates, currently i am using high tack "R-tape ApliTape 4075" and i have noticed that when i stick a sheet over my vinyl, it works well if i place it immediately, where as if i were to let the sticker sit for awhile (ie a few days or more) it becomes much less effective. I usually end up having to slide an exacto knife under the vinyl to "lift" it off the backing and stick it back into place on the transfer tape? do i need better transfer paper? i bought it on ebay then noticed it was the cheapest stuff uscutter.com had to offer. im guessing its just lower quality tape but i really have no idea. thanks

Could be that the cutter is cutting just a little too deep in to the backing as well.

I agree with Ken. If you cut into the backing it is hard to get the transfer tape to lift it off. sometimes it want to take part of the backing too.

I agree with Ken. If you cut into the backing it is hard to get the transfer tape to lift it off. sometimes it want to take part of the backing too.

yeah and that drives me nuts.

If it's not taking the backing with it, than you might need to dust off your decal before applying the app tape.