flambore

SC not working with my US Cutter MH365

I posted this in the Refine support thread, but I have since then found that the problem is specific to the SignCut-X2 software. 

I have windows XP, and I just took my new MH365 out of the box.  I have the SignCut X2 software installed, and I have tried the Serial cable on Com1, which is my preference, and I have tried USB, which becomes Com4.  Depending on the plotter driver I select in the setup (365, or roland 1000, or graphtec), and what connection I choose, one of two things will happen:

1) the paper will just spit out, and the cutter will continue to feed until I turn it off.

or

2) I will hear a short click as if the motor was to be engaged, and then nothing.

I have verified that the communication settings are 9600 on the plotter and the software.

I am using the pen attachment, and simply trying to "cut" the word "Test" on the paper.

Any advice would be appreciated.

The test button on the plotter works fine, it draws a diamond in a square. 

I am able to communicate perfectly with the cutter through the SignBlazer software.  I didn't have to do anything special in that software to make it work. 

I read in another thread here that person had the same problem after she upgraded her software.  Is there anywhere I can download an older version of SC-X2 to try that? 

This is very frustrating.  I need to make this software work with my cutter.  I am confident that the problem is not related to the cutter, the cables, or anything like that.  If there's a driver problem, that may be, but why does signblazer work fine?

I opened a support case on SignCut's web site 3 days ago, and have not heard anything back from them.  Is this normal for them?  It's frustrating when you can't get support.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,

Frank

LOL  ho anche io lo stesso problema, con windows 7, appena qualcuno mi da risposta ti faccio sapere o magari hai risolto il problema?

Gianpaolo

I opened a support case on SignCut's web site 3 days ago, and have not heard anything back from them.  Is this normal for them?  It's frustrating when you can't get support.

not normal, but not uncommon,either.

mail to kimon as stated in the first thread of this signcut section.

Paco